Table of Contents
See the many birds at Donna Birkmaier Park
Donna Birkmaier Park Birding and Walking Tour
April: 1:30 PM - 3:30 PM
May - September: 8:30 AM - 10:30 AM or 1:30 PM - 3:30 PM
Donna Birkmaier Park Group Bird Walk:
April 21, 2023 3:00 PM - 5:00 PM
Donna Birkmaier Bird Walk Meeting Place: CLICK HERE for google link to meeting place in parking lot near Taylor Street at Slimmon Road.
Nearest public washrooms: Dairy Queen Grill, 220 Slimmon Road (700 meters SW of parking lot)
Donna Birkmaier Park Birding Tour Description
Enjoy observing prairie and woodland songbirds plus numerous ducks and other water birds during a guided 2-hour birding walk through the native habitats of Donna Birkmaier Park. This naturalized park is located near the east boundary of Saskatoon. These easy wheel-chair accessible walking trails offer excellent viewing and bird photography opportunities.
Both novice and experienced birders are welcome to join this tour to Donna Birkmaier Park. The leader will point out the field marks used to identify each bird. You may request to borrow a pair of binoculars. The leader will provide a spotting scope for viewing water birds under high magnification.
During spring and summer months from late April through August over 100 species have been found at Donna Birkmaier Park. Some birds of interest include: Horned and Red-necked Grebes, 12 varieties of ducks, Spotted Sandpiper, Common and Black Terns, Downy Woodpecker, Eastern Kingbird, Warbling Vireo, Black-billed Magpie, House Wren, Gray Catbird, Brown Thrasher, Clay-colored, Vesper, Song and Savannah Sparrow, Yellow-headed Blackbird and Western Meadowlark, Yellow Warbler and Common Yellowthroat. Additional migrating warblers may be seen in late May and late August / early September.
This Donna Birkmaier Park Tour is ideal for low-mobility clients because the park trails are level and wide and suitable for wheel-chairs.
Donna Birkmaier Park Birding Tour Fees
Private Donna Birkmaier Park Birding Tour Fee: Groups of 1 – 4 people are charged a guiding fee of
CAD $150 for private guided birding tour at Donna Birkmaier Park. Transportation, accommodation and meals are not included. Advance registration required.
Public Donna Birkmaier Park Group Bird Walk Fee: $65 per person. Transportation, accommodation and meals are not included. Advance registration required.
TAX RECEIPT: A tax receipt for 50% of the tour fee will be issued to the person paying for the tour.
CANCELLATION POLICY: Refunds less a $50 administration fee will be given if cancellation notice received 14 days before date of tour.
No refunds if cancellation notice received less than 14 days before date of tour unless another client takes your place.
Step-on Guide Service available for bus tours.
Larger group tours available on request.
RESERVATIONS for Donna Birkmaier Park Birding and Walking Tour: Please complete and submit the following form or email us your full name(s), mailing address, email address and requested tour dates.
Full payment due at time of booking. Payment instruction will be emailed to you after registration form is received.
All fees support Living Sky Wildlife Rehabilitation.
If you do not hear back from us within 24 hours, then please email: email@example.com or phone 306-652-5975.
Some Birds at Donna Birkmaier Park
Can I bring my pet dog on this tour?
Dogs are permitted on private tours but not on group tours.
Covid Safety Policy on Tours
- Your tour leader is fully vaccinated.
- Clients must normally drive themselves in their own personal or rented vehicle or take a taxi. The leader will normally drive in a separate vehicle.
- This policy may change when public health orders change or when Covid case numbers decrease.
- Please contact us before booking tour if you have any special requests with regard to this policy. In certain cases if requested, leader may be willing to ride in client's vehicle.
Gift Certificates Available Now
This Donna Birkmaier Park Birding and Walking tour makes an excellent birthday gift, anniversary gift, Mother's Day gift, Father's Day gift, graduation gift or special gift for a birder, birdwatcher or anyone interested in nature.
GIFT CERTIFICATES: Click here for information about purchasing a gift certificate for this tour or any of our other tours.
Tour Guide: Stan Shadick. Click for more information about your tour guide.
Donna Birkmaier Park Birding and Walking Tour may be combined with:
- Beaver Creek Birding and Hiking Tour - 3 hours
- Chaplin Shorebirds Tour - 12 hours
- Chappell Marsh Birding and Hiking Tour - 2 hours
- Chief Whitecap Birding and Hiking Tour - 3 hours
- Cypress Hills - Grasslands Birding Tour
- Custom Bird Photography Tour - 3 hours
- Duck Mountain Birding Tour - eastern birds
- Eagle Creek and Hills Birding Tour - 8 hours (June - July)
- Goose Lake Birding and Bird Photography Tours - 4+ hours
- Grasslands National Park Tour
- Last Mountain Lake Bird Sanctuary Tour - 8 hours
- Pike Lake Birding Tour - 4 hours (January - August)
- Porter Lake Birding Tour - 3 hours
- Prairie Grasslands Birding Tour - 8 hours
- Prairie Lakes Birding Tour - 4 hours
- Prince Albert National Park Birding Tour
- Quill Lakes Birding Tour - 8 hours
- Saskatoon Birdwatching Tour
- Saskatoon Evening Bird Walks - 1.5 hours
- Souris River Birding Tour
- Van Scoy Lakes Birding Tour - 6 hours
- Weir Birding Tour - (November - August)
- Songbird Stroll
- Sunday Morning Guided Bird Walk
- Warbler Walking Tour - 3 hours
- Camp Wolf Willow Birding Tour
Other Tours and Workshops: Click here to see a complete list of our upcoming tours and workshops.
Multiple Tours Discount
Can't decide which tour to take?
Check out our multiple tours discount described here.
Learn about special offers and new tours.
CLICK HERE to sign up for the monthly electronic Newsletter from Saskatoon Custom Bird Tours.
Nearby Hyde Park is named after local farmers Elmer and Agnes Hyde.
You may wish to visit this nearby park after the tour ends.