Full Day and Part Day Tours in December, January, February and March
- Join our experienced local birding guide for a 3-hour or 8-hour drive through a rural farming district reputed by owl experts to have the highest concentration of wintering Snowy Owls in the world!
- Full Day Tour departs 9 am and returns about 5 pm.
- Part Day Tour departs 2:30 pm and returns about 5:30 pm.
- Option on Full Day tour to visit the best hangout for wintering ducks and geese and Bald Eagles in the province.
- Other possible birds to be seen during trip may include Golden Eagle, Gyrfalcon, Prairie Falcon, Sharp-tailed Grouse, Gray Partridge, Snow Buntings, Common Redpolls, Common Raven, Bohemian Waxwing, Black-billed Magpie.
COVID SAFETY POLICY
- Clients must drive themselves in their own personal or rented vehicle. The leader will drive in a separate vehicle. We will use cell phones to communicate between each other during the tour.
- Tour will be rescheduled at no additional cost or refunded if either the leader or any of the clients show any signs of illness (coughing, sneezing, sore throat, etc.).
- Please wear a mask and maintain physical 2 meter distancing when walking outside or viewing birds through the spotting scope that I will set up.
Full Day Tour Fee: CA$690 (about US$520) for groups of 1 – 4 persons. Taxes included.
Fee includes guiding services and use of spotting scope. The person paying for the tour will receive a tax receipt for 50% of the tour fee. Clients drive their own personal or rented vehicle. Meals, transportation, accommodation and other costs are NOT included.
Trip begins at your hotel about 9 am and ends about 5 pm.
Special Afternoon Tour during January 2021 Fee: CA$390 for groups of 1-4 persons. Taxes included.
Fee includes guiding services and use of a spotting scope for special 3-hour tour offered in January 2021. Group is limited to 4 persons travelling in a single vehicle. The person paying for the tour will receive a tax receipt for 50% of the tour fee. Clients drive their own personal or rented vehicle. Meals, transportation, accommodation and other costs are NOT included.
Trip begins in Saskatoon at about 2:30 pm and ends about 5:30 pm
Tour may be combined with our Saskatoon Winter Birdwatching Tour, Chickadee Feeding Tour and Forest Birding Tour.
Other Tours and Workshops: Click here to see a complete list of our upcoming tours and workshops.
All proceeds support the work of Living Sky Wildlife Rehabilitation charity.
RESERVATIONS: Send us your full name(s), mailing address, email address and requested tour dates.
Tour Guide: Stan Shadick. Click for more information about your tour guide.
PREVIOUS TOUR CLIENT IMAGE
Here is an image of one Snowy Owl captured by client Brian Henderson during a 2021 tour. We found 3 Snowys on that afternoon trip.