Table of Contents
See the many songbirds at President Murray Park
President Murray Park Bird Walk Tours
January - December: 9:39 AM - 10:30 AM or 1:30 PM - 2:30 PM
Public Group Tours
President Murray Park Bird Walk Group Tours:
- Wed. December 20, 2023 9:30 AM - 10:30 AM
- Tue. December 26, 2023 9:30 AM - 10:30 AM
- Sun. January 7, 2024 9:30 AM - 10:30 AM
- Sun. February 4, 2024 9:30 AM - 10:30 AM
- Sun. February 11, 2024 9:30 AM - 10:30 AM
- Fri. February 23, 2024 9:30 AM - 10:30 AM
- Sun. March 3, 2024 9:30 AM - 10:30 AM
- Tue. March 19, 2024 9:30 AM - 10:30 AM
- Tue. March 26, 2024 9:30 AM - 10:30 AM
- Sun. March 31, 2024 9:30 AM - 10:30 AM
- Sun. April 14, 2024 1:30 PM - 2:30 PM
- Fri. April 26, 2024 1:30 PM - 2:30 PM
- Mon. May 6, 2024 1:30 PM - 2:30 PM
- Wed. May 15, 2024 1:30 PM - 2:30 PM
- Thu. June 20, 2024 1:30 PM - 2:30 PM
President Murray Park Tour Meeting Place: CLICK HERE for google link to meeting place in parking lot near Colony Street at McKinnon Avenue South.
Nearest public washrooms: Dairy Queen Grill, 1418 College Drive
President Murray Park Bird Walk Tour Description
Enjoy a short 1-hour bird walk observing many kinds of finches and other songbirds found in this large spruce plantation at any time of year. During migration season, many warblers, flycatchers and thrushes visit this park. The grass in this park is very level allowing for use by wheel-chairs. Excellent viewing and bird photography opportunities.
Both novice and experienced birders are welcome to join this tour to President Murray Park. The leader will point out the field marks used to identify each bird. You may request to borrow a pair of binoculars.
This President Murray Park Bird Walk Tour is ideal for low-mobility clients because the grass is level and may be suitable for wheel-chairs.
President Murray Park Bird Walk Tour Fees
Private President Murray Park Bird Walk Tour Fee: CAD $65 per person. Transportation, accommodation and meals are not included. Advance registration required.
Public President Murray Park Bird Walk Group Tour Fee: $45 per person. Transportation, accommodation and meals are not included. Advance registration required.
TAX RECEIPT: A tax receipt for 50% of the tour fee will be issued to the person paying for the tour.
CANCELLATION POLICY: Refunds less a $50 administration fee will be given if cancellation notice received 14 days before date of tour.
No refunds if cancellation notice received less than 14 days before date of tour unless another client takes your place.
Step-on Guide Service available for bus tours.
Larger group tours available on request.
RESERVATIONS for President Murray Park Bird Walk Tour: Please complete and submit the following form or email us your full name(s), mailing address, email address and requested tour dates.
Full payment due at time of booking. Payment instruction will be emailed to you after registration form is received.
All fees support Living Sky Wildlife Rehabilitation.
If you do not hear back from us within 24 hours, then please email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 306-652-5975.
Some Birds at President Murray Park
Can I bring my pet dog on this tour?
Dogs are permitted on private tours but not on group tours.
Covid Safety Policy on Tours
- Your tour leader is fully vaccinated.
- Clients must normally drive themselves in their own personal or rented vehicle or take a taxi. The leader will normally drive in a separate vehicle.
- This policy may change when public health orders change or when Covid case numbers decrease.
- Please contact us before booking tour if you have any special requests with regard to this policy. In certain cases if requested, leader may be willing to ride in client's vehicle.
Gift Certificates Available Now
This President Murray Park Bird Walk tour makes an excellent birthday gift, anniversary gift, Mother's Day gift, Father's Day gift, graduation gift or special gift for a birder, birdwatcher or anyone interested in nature.
GIFT CERTIFICATES: Click here for information about purchasing a gift certificate for this tour or any of our other tours.
Tour Guide: Stan Shadick. Click for more information about your tour guide.
President Murray Park Bird Walk Tour may be combined with:
- Beaver Creek Birding and Hiking Tour - 3 hours
- Chaplin Shorebirds Tour - 12 hours
- Chappell Marsh Birding and Hiking Tour - 2 hours
- Chief Whitecap Birding and Hiking Tour - 3 hours
- Cypress Hills - Grasslands Birding Tour
- Custom Bird Photography Tour - 3 hours
- Duck Mountain Birding Tour - eastern birds
- Eagle Creek and Hills Birding Tour - 8 hours (June - July)
- Goose Lake Birding and Bird Photography Tours - 4+ hours
- Grasslands National Park Tour
- Last Mountain Lake Bird Sanctuary Tour - 8 hours
- Pike Lake Birding Tour - 4 hours (January - August)
- Porter Lake Birding Tour - 3 hours
- Prairie Grasslands Birding Tour - 8 hours
- Prairie Lakes Birding Tour - 4 hours
- Prince Albert National Park Birding Tour
- Quill Lakes Birding Tour - 8 hours
- Saskatoon Birdwatching Tour
- Saskatoon Evening Bird Walks - 1.5 hours
- Souris River Birding Tour
- Van Scoy Lakes Birding Tour - 6 hours
- Weir Birding Tour - (November - August)
- Songbird Stroll
- Sunday Morning Guided Bird Walk
- Warbler Walking Tour - 3 hours
- Camp Wolf Willow Birding Tour
Other Tours and Workshops: Click here to see a complete list of our upcoming tours and workshops.
Multiple Tours Discount
Can't decide which tour to take?
Check out our multiple tours discount described here.
Learn about special offers and new tours.
CLICK HERE to sign up for the monthly electronic Newsletter from Saskatoon Custom Bird Tours.
Nearby Hyde Park is named after local farmers Elmer and Agnes Hyde.
You may wish to visit this nearby park after the tour ends.