We receive no government funding for our work. When animals are hungry, we rely on donations and grants to feed them.
Your donation will buy food, housing and medical care for the animals that come into our care.
Please consider a donation today. Click on Our “Canada Helps” link on the right to donate directly to LSWR.
From paper towels to animal kennels, we can always use a variety of items. LSWR has a running wish list of items that we use regularly and would greatly appreciate! Click here for a pdf of our Donation List.
LSWR is run by volunteers, and can always use helpful hands in the summer to assist in feeding, cleaning, and transporting animals.
We cannot do this work without volunteers – baby birds are fed every 20 minutes; ducklings have to be swum and cleaned 4 times a day; infant mammals require bottle feeding every 4 hours.
Although most people want to help with animal care in the busy summer months (and we NEED that help!!) we ALSO have other opportunities for volunteering during fall and winter:
Fundraising – fundraising is a huge part of our work so that we can care for the animals
Education Assistant – Assistance with Education programming
Handy help – building up keep/maintenance by a handyman would be fabulous!
Sewing Projects – cage liners and covers or nests for baby birds! Details here!
Prepare Squirrel Squares – Be a wildlife sous chef!
If you, or someone you know, has skills in any of these areas and would be interested in volunteering with us, Please give us a shout!
Other ways to Support LSWR include:
1) Collect Bottles for Wildlife – Drop off your unwanted refundable cans and bottles.
DROP OFF your Refundable Bottles & Cans at the Facility at 100 Rayner Ave
2) Attend any (or ALL) of our numerous Fundraising Events throughout the year!
Annual Events include:
- Yard Sale in September
- Book Sale at Market Mall in October
- Supper Night in February/March
- BBQ & Bake Sale at Cabela’s in June or July
- Volleyball Tournament in August
- Holiday Pet Photos at the Kensington PetValue
- (check back for specific dates)
- Valentine’s Day
3) Consider joining an Expert for a Bird Tour- all funds support the work of LSWR.
If you have always wanted to see a Whooping Crane or a dancing grouse, Stan will make it happen! See the home page, or contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Purchase from our Online Store
- Adopt an Animal
- Ducks Unlimited Prints
- Cat bibs $10
- Cat bibs work by slowing the cats down ever so slightly and throwing off their “pounce timing” thus saving the birds
- For more information visit https://catgoods.com/
- Contact LSWR at 306-281-0554 to get one for your cat, only $10!