Prairie Lakes Birding and PhotographyTour
HALF Day Tours in mid-April – October
Self-Drive Birding Tour
WHERE CAN YOU SEE PRAIRIE LAKES BIRDS IN SASKATCHEWAN?
Prairie Lakes Birding and Photography Tour
Join our experienced local birding guide for a 4 hour drive to visit some of the best bird-rich prairie lakes in the Saskatoon region. We will visit deep lakes for viewing diving ducks and pelicans. We will also visit shallow ponds for observing dabbling ducks, grebes and wetland sparrows, rails and other marsh birds.
Good opportunities for photography.
A checklist of Saskatchewan birds is available HERE.
PRAIRIE LAKES BIRDING TOUR TIMES
Morning Tours: 8 AM - 12 Noon
Afternoon Tours: 1 PM - 5 PM
Suggested items to Bring:
- Clothes suitable for the weather (rain coat, hat, walking shoes, etc.)
- Water bottle
- Binoculars and camera or spotting scope (optional)
COVID SAFETY POLICY ON TOURS
- Your tour leader is fully vaccinated. For everyone's health and safety, participants must bring a paper copy showing their personal proof of full covid vaccination.
- Clients must normally drive themselves in their own personal or rented vehicle. The leader will normally drive in a separate vehicle. We will use cell phones to communicate between each other during the tour.
- Please wear a mask and maintain physical 2 meter distancing when walking outside or viewing birds through the spotting scope that I will set up.
- This policy may change when public health orders change or when Covid case numbers decrease.
- Please contact us before booking tour if you have any special requests with regard to this policy. In certain cases if requested, leader may be willing to ride in client's vehicle.
TOUR FEE - Prairie Lakes Birding Tour
Tour Fee: CA$290 (about US$230, £170) for groups of 1 – 4 persons. Taxes included.
Fee covers expert guiding services during 4 hour tour.
Meals, transportation and accommodation are NOT included.
TAX RECEIPT: A tax receipt for 50% of the tour fee will be issued to the person paying for the tour.
CANCELLATION POLICY: Refunds less a $50 administration fee will be given if cancellation notice received 14 days before date of tour.
No refunds if cancellation notice received less than 14 days before date of tour unless another client takes your place.
RESERVATIONS FOR PRAIRIE LAKES BIRDING TOUR
RESERVATIONS: Please complete and submit the form below or email us your full name(s), mailing address, email address and requested tour dates.
If you do not hear back from us within 24 hours, then please email: email@example.com or phone 306-652-5975.
Tour Guide: Stan Shadick. Click for more information about your tour guide.
GIFT CERTIFICATES: Click here for information about purchasing a gift certificate for this tour or any of our other tours.
This Prairie Lakes Birding Tour may be taken in conjunction with any of the following summer birding tours.
- Saskatchewan Birding Hotspots Tour Series June 7 - 20, 2022
- Beaver Creek Birding and Hiking Tour - 3 hours from $195
- Chaplin Shorebirds Tour
- Chappell Marsh Birding and Hiking Tour - 2 hours
- Duck Mountain Birding Tour - eastern birds June 7 - 10
- Porter Lake Birding Tour
- Prairie Grasslands Birding Tour
- Last Mountain Lake Birding Tour
- Quill Lakes Birding Tour
- Van Scoy Lakes Birding Tour
- Songbird Stroll
- Sunday Morning Guided Bird Walk
- Duck Mountain Park Group Birding Tour - June 7 - 10
- Cypress Hills - Grasslands Park Group Birding Tour - June 12 - 17
- Prince Albert National Park Birding Tour - July 3 - 5
- Warbler Walking Tour
Other Tours and Workshops: Click here to see a complete list of our upcoming tours and workshops.
MULTIPLE TOURS DISCOUNT
Can't decide which tour to take?
Check out our multiple tours discount described here.
Proceeds support Living Sky Wildlife Rehabilitation
HOW TO GET TO SASKATOON
Air: Saskatoon International Airport (YXE) is served by Air Canada, Westjet, and their partners United and Delta.
Train: Saskatoon's Train Station is served by Via Rail's Canadian train serving Toronto, Winnipeg, Saskatoon, Edmonton, Jasper and Vancouver.
Car: Saskatoon is located on Canada's Yellowhead cross-country highway plus 6 other major highways connecting with all cities in Canada and USA. If you drive, you do not need to rent a car for our tours.