Prince Albert National Park Birding Tour
JULY 3 - 5, 2022
Escorted self-driving tour
WHERE TO SEE BIRDS IN PRINCE ALBERT NATIONAL PARK?
PRINCE ALBERT NATIONAL PARK TOUR DESCRIPTION
Join a small group of birders on a special 3-day / 2-night Prince Albert National Park Birding Tour. We will visit the best birding hotspots in this forested Saskatchewan park, home of Grey Owl, one of Canada's first conservationists. We will also make stops at Nisbet Forest and Fort Carleton Provincial park. Your leader will be Stan Shadick with Saskatoon Custom Bird Tours. All proceeds support Living Sky Wildlife Rehabilitation.
Some of the special unique birds in Prince Albert National Park include Spruce Grouse, Osprey, Bald Eagle, Canada Jay and many species of warbler.
See sidebar for a list of potential species. A checklist of Saskatchewan birds may be downloaded HERE.
Transportation: All participants will travel in their own personal or rented vehicle. Masks will be worn birding stops.
Dates: July 3 - 5.
Accommodation Options. Both camping and hotel accommodation options are available in Prince Albert National Park.
The cost of this small group tour is not yet known.
Tentative Prince Albert National Park Tour Itinerary
Weather conditions may result in changes to this planned itinerary.
Tour departs Saskatoon at 8 am. Participants may choose to join the tour at either Rosthern or Prince Albert.
Some of our planned birding stops include the following sites.
- Nisbet Forest
- Little Red River Park
- Boundary Bog Nature Trail
- Overnight at a motel. Campers may wish to stay in a campground. oTENTik units are available.
- Optional late evening outing to listen for owls
- Mud Creek Nature Trail
- Treebeard Nature Trail
- Waskesiu River Nature Trail
- Narrows Peninsula Nature Trail
- Kingsmere River Nature Trail
We plan to bird in the park all morning and then drive back home in the afternoon. If you wish, you may plan to stay longer in the park on your own. Some planned stops include:
- Shady Lake nature trail
- Height of Land Tower
- Namekus Lake
- Elk Nature Trail
- Wingard Ferry
- Fort Carleton Provincial Park
July 3 - 5, 2022 Prince Albert National Park Group Birding Tour Fee: CAD $990 (about US $780) for a group of 1 - 4 persons travelling in a single vehicle.
Fee includes guiding services. Meals and accommodation and transportation are NOT included.
Trip begins in Saskatoon at 9 am on July 3 and returns about 6 pm on July 5.
CANCELLATION POLICY: Refunds less a $100 administration fee will be given if cancellation notice received 60 days before date of tour.
No refunds if cancellation notice received less than 60 days before date of tour unless another client takes your place.
The number of participants accepted on this group tour is limited.
Questions: please email firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 306-652-5975 during evenings.
If you do not hear back from us within 24 hours, then please email: email@example.com or phone 306-652-5975.
Tour Guide: Stan Shadick. Click for more information about your tour guide.
Some Potential Birds of Interest during Prince Albert National Park Group Birding Tour
- Spruce Grouse
- Common Loon
- American White Pelican
- Bald Eagle
- Barred Owl
- Ruby-throated Hummingbird
- American Three-toed Woodpecker
- Pileated Woodpecker
- Blue-headed Vireo
- Canada Jay
- Boreal Chickadee
- Winter Wren
- Swainson's Thrush
- Chestnut-sided Warbler
- Magnolia Warbler
- Cape May Warbler
- Black-throated Green Warbler
- Blackburnian Warbler
- Bay-breasted Warbler
- Mourning Warbler
- Wilson's Warbler
- LeConte's Sparrow
- Evening Grosbeak
GIFT CERTIFICATES: Click here for information about purchasing a gift certificate for this Prince Albert National Park tour or any of our other tours.
HOW TO GET TO SASKATOON
Air: Saskatoon International Airport (YXE) is served by Air Canada, Westjet, and their partners United and Delta.
Train: Saskatoon's Train Station is served by Via Rail's Canadian train serving Toronto, Winnipeg, Saskatoon, Edmonton, Jasper and Vancouver.
Car: Saskatoon is located on Canada's Yellowhead cross-country highway plus 6 other major highways connecting with all cities in Canada and USA. If you drive, you do not need to rent a car for our tours.
COVID SAFETY POLICY ON TOURS
- Your tour leader is fully vaccinated. For everyone's health and safety, participants must bring a paper copy showing their personal proof of full covid vaccination.
- Clients must normally drive themselves in their own personal or rented vehicle. The leader will normally drive in a separate vehicle. We will use cell phones to communicate between each other during the tour.
- Please wear a mask and maintain physical 2 meter distancing when walking outside or viewing birds through the spotting scope that I will set up.
- This policy may change when public health orders change or when Covid case numbers decrease.
- Please contact us before booking tour if you have any special requests with regard to this policy. In certain cases if requested, leader may be willing to ride in client's vehicle.
This Prince Albert National Park Group Birding Tour may be taken in conjunction with any of the following summer birding tours.
- Saskatchewan Birding Hotspots Tour Series June 7 - 20, 2022
- Beaver Creek Birding and Hiking Tour - 3 hours from $195
- Chaplin Shorebirds Tour
- Chappell Marsh Birding and Hiking Tour - 2 hours
- Duck Mountain Birding Tour - eastern birds June 7 - 10
- Porter Lake Birding Tour
- Prairie Grasslands Birding Tour
- Prairie Lakes Birding Tour - 4 hours $295
- Quill Lakes Birding Tour
- Van Scoy Lakes Birding Tour
- Songbird Stroll
- Sunday Morning Guided Bird Walk
- Duck Mountain Park Group Birding Tour - June 7 - 10
- Cypress Hills - Grasslands Park Group Birding Tour - June 12 - 17
- Last Mountain Lake Birding Tour
- Warbler Walking Tour
MULTIPLE TOURS DISCOUNT
Can't decide which tour to take?
Check out our multiple tours discount described here.