Table of Contents
Half Day Chickadee Feeding Tour ♿
November plus January through April
CLICK HERE to read about alternative short tours out of Saskatoon.
Self-Drive Birding Tour
Chickadee Feeding Tour Description
- Let our experienced birding guide show you the best winter bird-rich locations near Saskatoon.
- Chickadees will feed out of your hand!
Sometimes nuthatches and downy woodpeckers will as well. Bag of sunflower seeds provided.
Very popular activity for kids!
- Both novice and experienced bird watchers are especially welcome.
- A loaner pair of binoculars may be available during tour if requested in advance.
- Possible birds to be seen during hikes include Black-capped Chickadees, Ruffed Grouse, Sharp-tailed Grouse, Pileated Woodpecker, Great Horned Owl, Hairy Woodpecker, Downy Woodpecker, Black-capped Chickadee, Blue Jay, Northern Shrike, White-breasted Nuthatch, Red-breasted Nuthatch, Bohemian Waxwing, Pine Grosbeak, Evening Grosbeak, Common Redpoll, Black-billed Magpie, Common Raven.
- Good opportunities for bird photography
- In late winter, listen for the spring courtship sound of the Black-capped Chickadee.
- This tour may be accessible to some persons with low mobility or who are confined to a wheelchair. Please phone 306-652-5975 to discuss details in advance of booking tour. ♿
Participants on these tours need to drive their own personal or rented vehicle. RVs and vehicles pulling trailers are permitted on this private tour. This tour may be suitable for owners of full electric vehicles. Several Saskatoon hotels have EV charging stations.
Chickadee Feeding Tour Times
November - February Tours: 9:30 AM – 12:30 PM
March and April:
Morning Tours: 8:30 AM – 11:30 AM;
Afternoon Tours 1:30 PM – 4:30 PM.
Note: Tour duration may be shortened if requested.
Chickadee Feeding Tour Fee
HALF DAY PRIVATE TOUR FEE:
CAD $190 for parties of 1 – 5 persons.
Fee includes guiding services only..
The person paying for the tour may request to receive a tax receipt for 50% of the tour fee.
Meals, transportation and accommodation are NOT included.
Trip begins at your Saskatoon hotel or residence.
Masks to be worn during tour when outside vehicle.
SAVE $50 if you have room to transport leader during tour from Saskatoon and back .
CANCELLATION POLICY: Refunds less a $50 administration fee will be given if cancellation notice received 60 days before date of tour. No refunds after that date.
No refunds if cancellation notice received less than 30 days before date of tour unless another client takes your place.
Chickadee Feeding Tour Reservations
RESERVATIONS: Fill in the following form or send us your full name(s), mailing address, email address and requested tour dates. Full payment due at time of booking. Payment instruction will be emailed to you after registration form is received. You may also phone Stan Shadick at 306-652-5975.
If you do not hear back from us within 24 hours, then please email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 306-652-5975.