Saskatoon Evening Bird Walks
Saskatoon Evening Bird Tours - 8 great outings to our best birding hotspots
Thursdays in summer
6:30 PM - 8:00 PM
***August 24, 2023 Tour time: 5:00 PM - 7:30 PM****
Where are best places to see birds in Saskatoon?
Saskatoon Evening Bird Tours Description
Join one or more Saskatoon evening Bird tours led by Stan Shadick that will visit some of the best bird-rich parks in our city. Enjoy listening to the songs and sounds of Saskatoon birds. Observe their colours and behaviours.
Novice bird watchers are especially welcome.
Stan will point out the field marks used to identify each species seen or heard.
Many of these Saskatoon Evening Bird Tours will visit the naturalized parks that the city has created to enhance bird habitats. Many of these parks have wheel-chair accessible walking trails offering excellent viewing and bird photography opportunities.
During summer months from July through August over 100 Saskatoon bird species are regularly found in our parks. Some birds of interest include: Horned and Red-necked Grebes, 12 varieties of ducks, Spotted Sandpiper, Common and Black Terns, Downy Woodpecker, Eastern Kingbird, Warbling Vireo, Black-billed Magpie, House Wren, Gray Catbird, Brown Thrasher, Clay-colored, Vesper, Song and Savannah Sparrow, Yellow-headed Blackbird and Western Meadowlark, Yellow Warbler and Common Yellowthroat.
A loaner pair of binoculars will be available to the first registrant who requests it in the comments section of the registration form below.
Saskatoon Evening Bird Tour Schedule
- Thursday July 6 6:30 PM - Cosmopolitan riverbank Park - woodland and river birds
Mainly wheelchair accessible. Paved trail has gentle slope on switchback.
- Thursday July 13 6:30 PM - Meewasin riverbank Park - woodland and river birds.
Not wheelchair accessible
- Thursday July 20 6:30 PM - Lakewood Park - woodland and pond birds
Wheelchair accessible on crusher dust wide trails.
- Thursday July 27 6:30 PM - Diefenbaker Park - woodland and riverbank birds
Not wheelchair accessible
- Thursday August 3 6:30 PM - Donna Birkmaier Park - prairie, woodland and pond birds
Mainly wheelchair accessible on wide crusher dust trails.
- Thursday August 10 6:30 PM - Weir riverbank park - prairie, woodland and pond birds
Partly wheelchair accessible. Phone 306-652-5975 to discuss details. ?
- Thursday August 17 6:30 PM - President Murray Park - woodland birds
Wheelchair accessible if you can maneuver over grass. ?
- Thursday August 24 5:00 PM - Factoria riverbank park - prairie, woodland and pond birds
Not wheelchair accessible
Wheelchair access. Please phone 306-652-5975 to discuss wheelchair access details for each tour.
Saskatoon Evening Bird Tour Fee
FEE: The fee for each Saskatoon Evening Bird tour is $45 per person payable in advance.
MULTI-TOUR DISCOUNT: A discounted fee of $295 per person for the entire series of 9 evening bird tours will save you over 25%.
TAX RECEIPT: A tax receipt for 50% of the tour fee will be issued to the person paying for the tour provided payment is made by e-transfer directly to LSWR@sasktel.net
CANCELLATION POLICY: Refunds less a $25 administration fee will be given if cancellation notice received 14 days before date of tour.
No refunds if cancellation notice received less than 14 days before date of tour unless another client takes your place.
Saskatoon Evening Bird Tour Reservations
RESERVATIONS for Saskatoon Evening Bird Tours: Please complete and submit the following form or email us your full name(s), mailing address, email address and requested tour dates.
Payment may be made by e-transfer payable to Living Sky Wildlife Rehabilitation and emailed to LSWR@sasktel.net
All fees support Living Sky Wildlife Rehabilitation.
If you do not hear back from us within 24 hours, then please email: email@example.com or phone 306-652-5975.
Some Saskatoon Birds
Covid Safety Policy on Tours
- Your tour leader is fully vaccinated.
- Clients must normally drive themselves in their own personal or rented vehicle. The leader will usually drive in a separate vehicle. We will use cell phones to communicate between each other during the tour.
- This policy may change when public health orders change or when Covid case numbers decrease.
- Please contact us before booking tour if you have any special requests with regard to this policy. In certain cases, if requested, leader may be willing to ride in client's vehicle or drive client's vehicle.
Gift Certificates Available Now
This Saskatoon Evening Bird tour makes an excellent birthday gift, anniversary gift, Mother's Day gift, Father's Day gift, graduation gift or special gift for a birder, birdwatcher or anyone interested in nature.
GIFT CERTIFICATES: Click here for information about purchasing a gift certificate for this tour or any of our other tours.
Tour Guide: Stan Shadick. Click for more information about your tour guide.
Other Birding and Bird Photography Tours
This Tour may be combined with:
- Beaver Creek Birding and Hiking Tour
- Chaplin Shorebird Tour
- Eagle Creek and Hills Birding Tour
- Goose Lake Birding and Bird Photography Tour
- Last Mountain Lake Bird Sanctuary Tour
- Prairie Lakes Birding Tour
- Prairie Grasslands Birding Tour
- Saskatoon Birdwatching Tour (Half and Full Day Tours)
- Van Scoy Lakes Birding Tour - 6 hours
- Weir Birding and Walking Tour
- Camp Wolf Willow Birding Tour
Other Tours and Workshops: Click here to see a complete list of our upcoming tours and workshops.
Multiple Tours Discount
Can't decide which tour to take?
Check out our multiple tours discount described here.
Learn about special offers and new tours.
CLICK HERE to sign up for the monthly electronic Newsletter from Saskatoon Custom Bird Tours.