Gift Certificate Options from Saskatoon Custom Bird Tours
- Want to give a birding tour as a gift but not sure which one the recipient would prefer?
We offer 40 different tours out of Saskatoon, Canada. Some tours in every season.
- Need a birthday gift, anniversary gift Easter gift, Christmas gift, graduation gift or retirement gift for someone interested in birds?
- Consider purchasing a gift certificate valid for any of our birding tours offered in 2023.
- Similar to gift cards, our gift certificates are available in the amounts of $200, $300, $500 or $800 or you may request a certificate for the guiding fee portion of any of our currently listed tours up to a maximum of $900.
- All Saskatoon Custom Bird Tours follow Saskatchewan Covid regulations.
- We recommend that the recipient email firstname.lastname@example.org as quickly as possible to book their preferred tour so that they can have the best selection of available dates. Some tours may fill up.
- The purchaser of the gift certificate will receive a tax credit issued by the Living Sky Wildlife Rehabilitation charity for 50% of the value of the certificate.
Please email email@example.com if you have any questions about the following gift certificate rules.
Gift Certificate Rules. The value of the gift certificate will be honoured as a credit towards the total cost of the guiding fee for any of our birding tours offered in 2022 or 2023. The credit cannot be applied to accommodation, transportation, meals or any other costs associated with the tours. Because the tours are offered for fundraising purposes by the Living Sky Wildlife Rehabilitation registered charity, these gift certificates cannot be refunded and will expire if not used for a tour before the end of 2023. If a tour needs to be cancelled, the credit may be applied to a different tour.
QUESTIONS: Email firstname.lastname@example.org .
Note: Click here if you prefer to donate to Living Sky Wildlife Rehabilitation and receive a tax receipt for 100% of the donation.
Gift Certificate Request Form
If you do not hear back from us within 24 hours, then please email: email@example.com .
CLICK to listen to Calgary Naturalist Brian Keating on CBC Calgary Radio giving an on-air review of a whooping crane tour he booked with us.
Global TV News Report: Click Here.
“I drove to Saskatoon and met Stan Shadick who arranged for me to observe lekking Sharp-tailed Grouse. Stan set up a blind for me, enabling me to take photos in the early morning hours (04:10 to 08:00, Wednesday, May 5). It was a birding thrill for the year. ” (L. C.)
That was such a great trip! Thanks so much for the use of the blind and sharing your general knowledge and expertise. (J. L.)
“We really appreciated your tour last Wednesday; [Our young grandson] loved it!! He also told us he learned a lot. I believe you have inspired him to continue his passion of birding. Thanks again for the wonderful guiding!” (D.D. )
EMAIL firstname.lastname@example.org to book a tour or to order a gift certificate or with any questions.
Please include your name and a contact phone number and other pertinent information.
TOUR GUIDE: Your guide has many years of experience finding and observing birds throughout Saskatchewan. For over 30 years, Stan Shadick has been a birding guide for nature tours around Saskatchewan and other parts of Canada that have been organized by Living Sky Wildlife Rehabilitation, Saskatoon Custom Bird Tours, Nature Saskatchewan and the University of Saskatchewan Extension Division.
Stan is past president of Nature Saskatchewan as well as past president and current field trip chairman for the Saskatoon Nature Society. He is a co-editor of the reference publication “Birds of the Saskatoon Area” and contributed significantly to the recently published “Birds of Saskatchewan”.
Stan was a regional coordinator for the Saskatchewan Breeding Bird Atlas project and helped with their bird identification workshops. He regularly contributes sightings to e-bird and currently holds the e-bird record for the most bird species seen in Saskatchewan.
Stan volunteers his time leading Saskatoon Custom Bird Tours so that all proceeds benefit the work of Living Sky Wildlife Rehabilitation.
How to get to Saskatoon
Air: Saskatoon International Airport (YXE) is served by Air Canada, Westjet and their U.S. partners United and Delta.
Air Canada Star Alliance partners also include Aegean, Air China, Air India, Air New Zealand, ANA, Asiana, Austrian, Avianca, Brussels, Copa, Croatia, EgyptAir, Ethiopian, EVA, Lot, Lufthansa, SAS, Shenzhen, Singapore, South African, Swiss, TAP, Thai, Turkish, United.
Westjet international partners include AeroMexico, Air France, Air Transat, Azores, Cathay Pacific, China, China Eastern, China Southern, Delta, Emirates, Hainan, Hong Kong, Japan, KLM, Korean, LATAM, Philippine, Quantas, Virgin Atlantic, Xiamen.
Train: Saskatoon’s Train Station is served by Via Rail’s Canadian train serving Toronto, Winnipeg, Saskatoon, Edmonton, Jasper and Vancouver.
Bus: Saskatoon – Edmonton and Saskatoon – Regina bus service
Car: Saskatoon is located on Canada’s Yellowhead cross-country highway plus 6 other major highways connecting with all cities in Canada and USA. If you drive your vehicle, you do not need to rent a car for our tours.
Covid Safety Policy on Tours
- Your tour leader is fully vaccinated.
- Clients must normally drive themselves in their own personal or rented vehicle. The leader will normally drive in a separate vehicle. We will use cell phones to communicate between each other during the tour.
- Please wear a mask and maintain physical 2 meter distancing when walking outside or viewing birds through the spotting scope that I will set up.
- This policy may change when public health orders change or when Covid case numbers decrease.
- Please contact us before booking tour if you have any special requests with regard to this policy. In certain cases if requested, leader may be willing to ride in client’s vehicle.
TOUR LIST – SASKATOON CUSTOM BIRD TOURS
CLICK THE FOLLOWING SASKATOON CUSTOM BIRD TOURS FOR DETAILS.
Gift Certificates may be used towards any of these tours.
- Whooping & Sandhill Crane birding tours ♿ (September – October)
- Dancing Grouse Bird Photography tour ♿ (April – May)
- Chickadee Feeding Tour (November, January - April)
- Pike Lake birding tour (November - September)
- Beaver Creek birding and hiking tour (all year)
- Goose Lake Birding and Bird Photography Tours ♿ (April - September)
- Saskatoon Evening Bird Walks (July - August)
- Saskatoon birdwatching tour ♿ (all year)
- Saskatoon Riverbank Guided Bird Walks - 2 hours (May - September)
- Prairie Lakes birding tour ♿ (May – early November)
- Duck Mountain Park group birding tour (June 5-8, 2023)
- Grasslands National Park group birding tour (May 20 - 22, 2023)
- Saskatchewan Birding Hotspots Tour Series (May - July)
- Cypress Hills - Grasslands group birding tour (June 10 - 17, 2023)
- Best Birding Hotspots of SE Saskatchewan birding tour (June 17 - 20, 2023)
- Best Birding Hotspots of Souris River (June - August)
- Prince Albert National Park group birding tour (June 24 - 26, 2023)
- Prairie Grasslands birding tour (late April – July)
- Last Mountain Lake Bird Sanctuary tour ♿ (April - October)
- Porter Lake Birding Tour ♿ (April - September)
- Quill Lakes Birding Tour ♿ (April - August)
- Chaplin Shorebirds tour ♿ (May – August)
- Duck Lake and Nisbet Forest Birding Tour ♿ (June - July)
- Eagle Creek and Hills Birding tour ♿ (May - July)
- Custom Bird Photography Tour (May - September)
- Van Scoy Lakes Birding Tour ♿ (May - August)
- Birding Big Day Tour (May - September)
- Sunday Morning Guided Bird Walk ♿
- Songbird Stroll
- Chappell Marsh Birding and Hiking Tour (May - September)
- Chief Whitecap Birding and Hiking Tour (mid-May - early September)
- Donna Birkmaier Park Birding and Walking Tour ♿ (April - September)
- Weir Birding and Walking Tour ♿ (November - August)
- Camp Wolf Willow birding tour (July – September)
- Fall Warbler ID online Workshops ♿ (August) From $35
- Warbler Walking Tour ♿ (August 20 - September 20)
- Pelican Photography and Viewing tour (August - September)
- Bald Eagle private birding tour ♿ (November 7 – December 13
- Chickadee Feeding tour ♿ (November – April)
- Snowy Owl private birding tour ♿ (December – March)
- Forest Winter birding tour ♿ - Great Gray Owls (November – April)
- eBird Training Workshop
- Wild Raptor Tour ♿ $95
- Sounds of the Night group nature tour ♿ (April)
- Birding by Ear online Workshops ♿ (May)
- Signs of Spring birding tour ♿ (March 24 - May 28)
Learn about special offers and new tours.
CLICK HERE to sign up for the monthly electronic Newsletter from Saskatoon Custom Bird Tours.