Table of Contents
Observe the birds along Saskatoon’s riverbank
SASKATOON RIVERBANK GUIDED BIRD WALK
Private 2-hour daily tours: May - mid September
Morning Tours: 9:00 AM - 11:00 AM
Afternoon Tours: 1:30 PM - 3:30 PM
2024 Public Group Tour Dates
- Saturday, April 27, 1:30 PM - 3:30 PM
- Mother's Day, Sunday, May 12 9:00 AM - 11:00 AM
- Friday, May 17, 9:00 AM - 11:00 AM
- Friday, May 24, 9:00 AM - 11:00 AM
- Wednesday, June 26, 1:30 PM - 3:30 PM
- Thursday, July 4, 1:30 PM - 3:30 PM
Saskatoon Riverbank Guided Bird Walk Location
Cosmopolitan Park, Saskatoon
Corner of Saskatchewan Crescent East and 16th Street E.
831 Saskatchewan Crescent East
Advance Registration Required
Saskatoon Riverbank Guided Bird Walk Description
Join local birding expert Stan Shadick for a 2-hour Saskatoon Riverbank Guided Bird Walk over trails through Cosmopolitan park. We hope to see and hear a variety of songbirds and water birds which may include Brown Thrasher, Gray Catbird, Warbling Vireo, Red-eyed Vireo, Least Flycatcher, Yellow Warbler, Clay-colored Sparrow, House Finch, American White Pelican, Peregrine Falcon plus a variety of ducks and geese.
Both novice and experienced bird watchers are welcome. A loaner pair of binoculars may be available if requested. The leader will bring a spotting scope to allow you to view the birds under high magnification.
This bird walk may be suitable for low-mobility clients who can operate their wheel-chair on paved trails with gentle slopes.
Saskatoon Riverbank Bird Walk Tour Fees
PUBLIC SASKATOON RIVERBANK GROUP BIRD WALK TOUR FEE: $65 per person. Transportation and Accommodation and meals are not included. Advance registration required.
PRIVATE SASKATOON RIVERBANK BIRD WALK TOUR FEE: $130 for groups of 1 - 4 persons. Transportation and Accommodation and meals are not included. Advance registration required.
TAX RECEIPT: A tax receipt for 50% of the Saskatoon Riverbank Guided Bird Walk fee will be issued to the person paying for the tour providing payment is made by e-transfer directly to LSWR@sasktel.net
CANCELLATION POLICY: Refunds less a $30 administration fee will be given if cancellation notice received 14 days before date of tour.
No refunds if cancellation notice received less than 14 days before date of tour unless another client takes your place.
RESERVATIONS for Saskatoon Riverbank Guided Bird Walk
Please complete and submit the following form or email us your full name(s), mailing address, email address and requested tour dates.
Payment may be made by e-transfer payable to Living Sky Wildlife Rehabilitation and emailed to LSWR@sasktel.net
All fees support Living Sky Wildlife Rehabilitation.
Please email email@example.com if you do not hear back from us within 24 hours.
Tour Guide: Stan Shadick. Click for more information about your tour guide.
Stanley was as polite, informative, and knowledgeable as you could want in a guide for this kind of tour. We spent about two hours moving up and down a trail along the river at a leisurely pace while he picked out different birds either by their song or by catching sight of them flying by us. He had a wealth of knowledge about the different birds we spotted, some of the other wildlife in the area, and of Saskatoon too. I was curious about his interest and background in birding and he was happy to chat about it which was really interesting. His passion for birds and birding comes through in spades and I'd recommend this tour to anyone. C. Nolan, Ireland
Covid Safety Policy on Tours
- Your tour leader is fully vaccinated.
- Clients must normally drive themselves in their own personal or rented vehicle. The leader will usually drive in a separate vehicle.
- This policy may change when public health orders change or when Covid case numbers decrease.
- Please contact us before booking tour if you have any special requests with regard to this policy.
Other Birding and Bird Photography Tours
Saskatoon Riverbank Bird Walk Tour may be combined with:
- Saskatchewan Birding Hotspots Tour Series
- Beaver Creek Birding and Hiking Tour
- Blackstrap Lake Birding and Bird Photography Tour
- Chaplin Shorebirds Tour
- Chappell Marsh Birding and Hiking Tour
- Chief Whitecap Park Birding and Hiking Tour
- Donna Birkmaier Park Tour
- Duck Mountain Birding Tour - eastern birds
- Eagle Creek and Hills Birding Tour
- Ferry Birding Tour
- Goose Lake Birding and Bird Photography Tours
- Great Sand Hills Birding Tour
- Last Mountain Lake Bird Sanctuary Tour
- Pike Lake Birding Tour
- Porter Lake Birding Tour
- Prairie Grasslands Birding Tour
- Prairie Lakes Birding Tour
- Prince Albert National Park Birding Tour
- Quill Lakes Birding Tour
- Radisson Lake Birding Tour
- Redberry Lake Bird Sanctuary Tour
- Saskatoon Evening Bird Walks
- Saskatoon Shorebirds Tour
- Sunday Morning Guided Bird Walk
- Van Scoy Lakes Birding Tour - 8 hours
- Weir Birding and Walking Tour - 2 hours
- Warbler Walking Tour
Other Tours and Workshops: Click here to see a complete list of our upcoming tours and workshops.
Multiple Tours Discount
Can't decide which tour to take?
Check out our multiple tours discount described here.
Learn about special offers and new tours.
CLICK HERE to sign up for the monthly electronic Newsletter from Saskatoon Custom Bird Tours.