SASKATOON RIVERBANK GUIDED BIRD WALK
BOTH PRIVATE TOURS AND PUBLIC GROUP EVENTS AVAILABLE
PUBLIC GROUP EVENT DATES
(2023 dates are not yet set)
- Sunday, August 14, 2022 1:00 PM - 3:00 PM
- Sunday, August 21, 2022 1:00 PM - 3:00 PM
- Sunday, August 28, 2022 1:00 PM - 3:00 PM
- Sunday, September 4, 2022 1:00 PM - 3:00 PM
PRIVATE TOUR TIMES
Private 2-hour tours: May - mid September
Morning Tours: 9:00 AM - 11:00 AM
Afternoon Tours: 1:00 PM - 3:00 PM
Dates: Most other days are available for private tours.
Saskatoon Riverbank Guided Bird Walk Location
Cosmopolitan Park, Saskatoon
Meeting Spot: Corner of Saskatchewan Crescent East and 16th Street E.
Saskatoon Riverbank Guided Bird Walk Description
Join local birding expert Stan Shadick for a 2-hour Saskatoon Riverbank Guided Bird Walk over trails through Cosmopolitan park. We hope to see and hear a variety of songbirds and water birds which may include Brown Thrasher, Gray Catbird, Warbling Vireo, Red-eyed Vireo, Least Flycatcher, Yellow Warbler, Clay-colored Sparrow, House Finch, American White Pelican, Peregrine Falcon plus a variety of ducks and geese.
Both novice and experienced bird watchers are welcome. A loaner pair of binoculars may be available if requested. The leader will bring a spotting scope to allow you to view the birds under high magnification.
♿ This bird walk may be suitable for low-mobility clients who can operate their wheel-chair on paved trails with gentle slopes.
SASKATOON RIVERBANK GUIDED BIRD WALK FEE
SUNDAY SASKATOON RIVERBANK GUIDED BIRD WALK FEE: $65 per person. Transportation and Accommodation and meals are not included. Advance registration required.
PRIVATE SASKATOON RIVERBANK GUIDED BIRD WALK FEE: $130 for groups of 1 - 4 persons. Transportation and Accommodation and meals are not included. Advance registration required.
TAX RECEIPT: A tax receipt for 50% of the Saskatoon Riverbank Guided Bird Walk fee will be issued to the person paying for the tour providing payment is made by e-transfer directly to LSWR@sasktel.net
CANCELLATION POLICY: Refunds less a $30 administration fee will be given if cancellation notice received 14 days before date of tour.
No refunds if cancellation notice received less than 14 days before date of tour unless another client takes your place.
RESERVATIONS for Saskatoon Riverbank Guided Bird Walk
Please complete and submit the following form or email us your full name(s), mailing address, email address and requested tour dates.
Payment may be made by e-transfer payable to Living Sky Wildlife Rehabilitation and emailed to LSWR@sasktel.net
All fees support Living Sky Wildlife Rehabilitation.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you do not hear back from us within 24 hours.
Tour Guide: Stan Shadick. Click for more information about your tour guide.
Covid Safety Policy on Tours
- Your tour leader is fully vaccinated.
- Clients must normally drive themselves in their own personal or rented vehicle. The leader will usually drive in a separate vehicle.
- Please wear a mask and maintain physical 2 meter distancing when walking outside or viewing birds through the spotting scope that I will set up.
- This policy may change when public health orders change or when Covid case numbers decrease.
- Please contact us before booking tour if you have any special requests with regard to this policy.
Other Birding and Bird Photography Tours
Saskatoon Riverbank Bird Walk Tour may be combined with:
- Saskatchewan Birding Hotspots Tour Series
- Beaver Creek Birding and Hiking Tour - 3 hours from $195
- Chaplin Shorebirds Tour
- Chappell Marsh Birding and Hiking Tour - 2 hours
- Chief Whitecap Park Birding and Hiking Tour - 3 hours
- Duck Mountain Birding Tour - eastern birds
- Eagle Creek and Hills Birding Tour - 8 hours
- Last Mountain Lake Bird Sanctuary Tour
- Pike Lake Birding Tour - 4 hours
- Porter Lake Birding Tour
- Prairie Grasslands Birding Tour
- Prairie Lakes Birding Tour - 4 hours $295
- Quill Lakes Birding Tour
- Songbird Stroll
- Sunday Morning Guided Bird Walk
- Van Scoy Lakes Birding Tour - 8 hours
- Weir Birding and Walking Tour - 2 hours
- Duck Mountain Park Group Birding Tour
- Cypress Hills - Grasslands Park Group Birding Tour
- Prince Albert National Park Birding Tour
- Warbler Walking Tour
Other Tours and Workshops: Click here to see a complete list of our upcoming tours and workshops.
Multiple Tours Discount
Can't decide which tour to take?
Check out our multiple tours discount described here.