CAMP WOLF WILLOW BIRDING TOURS
Self-Drive Birding Tour
Camp Wolf Willow is a natural oasis situated on the east bank of the beautiful South Saskatchewan River valley south of Saskatoon, Canada. This private site has a grassy coulee with a small stream plus a wooded valley offering several km of hiking trails. Beavers have dammed the stream where it enters the river creating a bird-rich wetland. The camp has its own private beach and winery.
Camp Wolf Willow Birding Tour Options
Option 1. Custom private guided birding tours are available on many dates for individuals, couples and families who wish to overnight at Camp Wolf Willow. You may use your own tent or camper or rent one of their famous luxury tents (glamping). Click Camp Wolf Willow for details about camping options and their restaurant menu.
Option 2. During another special day trip in September 2022 you may witness the spectacle of hundreds of thousands of Snow Geese resting on a nearby water body. Later at sunset, you can watch the setting sun from the top of the river valley while listening to calls of coyotes plus thousands of Sandhill Cranes and geese as they fly low over our heads to roost on the river’s sandbars for the night.
COVID SAFETY POLICY ON TOURS
- Your tour leader is fully vaccinated. For everyone's health and safety, participants must bring a paper copy showing their personal proof of full covid vaccination.
- Clients must normally drive themselves in their own personal or rented vehicle. The leader will normally drive in a separate vehicle. We will use cell phones to communicate between each other during the tour.
- Please wear a mask and maintain physical 2 meter distancing when walking outside or viewing birds through the spotting scope that I will set up.
- This policy may change when public health orders change or when Covid case numbers decrease.
- Please contact us before booking tour if you have any special requests with regard to this policy. In certain cases if requested, leader may be willing to ride in client's vehicle.
Camp Wolf Willow Birding Tour Fees
GUIDED FALL BIRDING GROUP DAY TOUR
SEPTEMBER 2022 1 – 9 PM DATE: TBA Email firstname.lastname@example.org if interested.
Guiding Fee: $290 for groups of 1 – 5 persons travelling in a single vehicle. Drive your own personal or rented vehicle and join a small group of birders led by Stan Shadick who will lead you to some of the best prairie birding spots in the region. We will have an early supper at the camp’s restaurant and then sit on the riverbank and watch the geese and cranes as they arrive to roost on the sandbars for the night. We plan to return to Saskatoon by 9 PM. Camping option available. Meals, camping and transportation costs are extra. Registration is limited to no more than 6 vehicles to keep the convoy size manageable. Masks to be worn during tour when outside vehicle.
PRIVATE 4-HOUR BIRDING TOUR FOR CAMPERS: JULY – SEPTEMBER 2022
Guiding Fee: $290 for groups of 1 – 5 persons. Drive your own personal or rented vehicle and join a private birding tour led by Stan Shadick who will lead you on a 4-hour guided birding tour to some of the best prairie birding spots between Saskatoon and Camp Wolf Willow. The tour may begin at either Saskatoon or Camp Wolf Willow. Meals, camping and transportation costs are extra. Masks to be worn during tour when outside vehicle.
TAX RECEIPT: A tax receipt for 50% of the tour fee will be issued to the person paying for the tour. Guiding Fee proceeds support the work of Living Sky Wildlife Rehabilitation charity.
CANCELLATION POLICY: Refunds less a $50 administration fee will be given if cancellation notice received 30 days before date of tour.
No refunds if cancellation notice received less than 60 days before date of tour unless another client takes your place.
Email email@example.com with questions or to arrange payment for booking a tour.