ALL BIRDING TOURS
BIRD PHOTOGRAPHY TOURS
HALF-DAY PRIVATE BIRDING TOURS
FULL-DAY PRIVATE BIRDING TOURS
MULTI-DAY GROUP BIRDING TOURS
LOW MOBILITY BIRDING TOURS ♿
BLIND / LOW VISION BIRDING TOURS
BIRDING BY EAR ONLINE WORKSHOPS
WARBLER ID ONLINE WORKSHOPS
SASKATOON CUSTOM BIRD TOURS
Where to go birding near Saskatoon, Saskatchewan, Canada?
Saskatoon Custom Bird Tours offers private and group guided birding tours and bird photography tours out of Saskatoon, Saskatchewan, Canada. Our selection of Canada Birding Tours makes Saskatoon the best destination for birding tourists.
Our birding tours and bird photography tours make excellent birthday gifts, Mother's Day gifts, Father's Day gifts, retirement gifts or anniversary birding gifts for birders interested in birds and nature.
Saskatoon is located where two major North American bird flyways meet. During the breeding season in June and July about 150 bird species occur within our nearby grassland, wetland and woodland habitats. This bird list is augmented during the migration months of May, August and September when boreal and arctic nesting warblers, flycatchers, vireos and shorebirds become plentiful.
2022 Tour Summary: Click here for brief descriptions of each of the 2022 birding and bird photography tours plus workshops offered by Saskatoon Custom Bird Tours.
Half-Day Tours: If you are only interested in half-day tours, click here.
EARLY BIRD DISCOUNT: Click here for details of this discount.
MULTIPLE TOURS DISCOUNT
Can't decide which tour to take?
Check out our multiple tours discount described here.
All proceeds from Saskatoon Custom Bird Tours support the work of our local Living Sky Wildlife Rehabilitation charity.
Custom Tour: Click here for details of arranging a custom private birding tour.
Questions: Email email@example.com
COVID SAFETY POLICY ON SASKATOON CUSTOM BIRD TOURS
- Your tour leader is fully vaccinated. For everyone's health and safety, participants must bring a paper copy showing their personal proof of full Covid vaccination.
- Clients must normally drive themselves in their own personal or rented vehicle. The leader will usually drive in a separate vehicle. We will use cell phones to communicate between each other during the tour.
- Please wear a mask and maintain physical 2 meter distancing when walking outside or viewing birds through the spotting scope that I will set up.
- This policy may change when public health orders change or when Covid case numbers decrease.
- Please contact us before booking tour if you have any special requests with regard to this policy. In certain cases, if requested, leader may be willing to ride in client's vehicle or drive client's vehicle.
Any tour offered by Saskatoon Custom Bird Tours makes an excellent birthday gift, anniversary gift, graduation gift or special gift for a birder, birdwatcher or anyone interested in nature.
GIFT CERTIFICATES: Click here for information about purchasing a gift certificate for this tour or any of our other tours.
TOUR LIST - SASKATOON CUSTOM BIRD TOURS
CLICK THE FOLLOWING SASKATOON CUSTOM BIRD TOURS FOR DETAILS.
- Whooping & Sandhill Crane birding tours ♿ (September – October)
- Pike Lake birding tour (November - September)
- Beaver Creek birding and hiking tour (all year)
- Goose Lake Birding and Bird Photography Tours ♿ (April - September)
- Saskatoon Evening Bird Walks (July - August)
- Saskatoon birdwatching tour ♿ (all year)
- Saskatoon Riverbank Guided Bird Walks - 2 hours
- Prairie Lakes birding tour ♿ (May – early November)
- Grasslands National Park group birding tour
- Saskatchewan Birding Hotspots Tour Series
- Cypress Hills - Grasslands group birding tour
- Best Birding Hotspots of Souris River
- Prince Albert National Park group birding tour (August 22 - 24, 2022)
- Prairie Grasslands birding tour (late April – July)
- Last Mountain Lake Bird Sanctuary tour ♿ (April - October)
- Porter Lake Birding Tour ♿ (April - September)
- Quill Lakes Birding Tour ♿ (April - August)
- Chaplin Shorebirds tour ♿ (May – August)
- Duck Lake and Nisbet Forest Birding Tour ♿ (June - July)
- Eagle Creek and Hills Birding tour ♿ (May - July)
- Custom Bird Photography Tour (May - September)
- Van Scoy Lakes Birding Tour ♿ (May - August)
- Birding Big Day Tour (May - September)
- Sunday Morning Guided Bird Walk ♿
- Songbird Stroll
- Chappell Marsh Birding and Hiking Tour (May - September)
- Chief Whitecap Birding and Hiking Tour (mid-May - early September)
- Donna Birkmaier Park Birding and Walking Tour ♿ (April - September)
- Weir Birding and Walking Tour ♿ (November - August)
- Camp Wolf Willow birding tour (July – September)
- Fall Warbler ID online Workshops ♿ (August 17 - 31) From $35
- Warbler Walking Tour ♿ (August 20 - September 20)
- Duck Mountain Park group birding tour (June 7-10, 2022)
- Pelican Photography and Viewing tour (August - September)
- Bald Eagle private birding tour ♿ (November 7 – December 13
- Chickadee Feeding tour ♿ (November – April)
- Snowy Owl private birding tour ♿ (December – March)
- Forest Winter birding tour ♿ - Great Gray Owls (November – April)
- eBird Training Workshop
- Wild Raptor Tour ♿ $95
- Dancing Grouse Bird Photography tour ♿ (April – May)
- Sounds of the Night group nature tour ♿ (April)
- Birding by Ear online Workshops ♿ (May)
- Signs of Spring birding tour ♿ (March 24 - May 28)
Click the title for full details.
Saskatoon Custom Bird Tours offers many Half-day, Full-day and Multi-day Guided Birding Tours throughout the year starting in Saskatoon.
CLICK to listen to Calgary Naturalist Brian Keating on CBC Calgary Radio giving an on-air review of a whooping crane tour he booked with us.
Canadian Geographic Article. Click Here.
Global TV News Report: Click Here.
"I drove to Saskatoon and met Stan Shadick who arranged for me to observe lekking Sharp-tailed Grouse. Stan set up a blind for me, enabling me to take photos in the early morning hours (04:10 to 08:00, Wednesday, May 5). It was a birding thrill for the year. " (L. C.)
That was such a great trip! Thanks so much for the use of the blind and sharing your general knowledge and expertise. (J. L.)
"We really appreciated your tour last Wednesday; [Our young grandson] loved it!! He also told us he learned a lot. I believe you have inspired him to continue his passion of birding. Thanks again for the wonderful guiding!" (D.D. )
EMAIL firstname.lastname@example.org to book a tour or to order a gift certificate or with any questions.
Please include your name and a contact phone number and other pertinent information.
Other websites that have generously advertised Saskatoon Custom Bird tours.
STAN SHADICK: Guide for Saskatoon Custom Bird Tours
TOUR GUIDE: Your guide has many years of experience finding and observing birds throughout Saskatchewan. For over 30 years, Stan Shadick has been a birding guide for nature tours around Saskatchewan and other parts of the country that have been organized by Living Sky Wildlife Rehabilitation, Saskatoon Custom Bird Tours, Nature Saskatchewan and the University of Saskatchewan Extension Division.
Stan is past president of Nature Saskatchewan as well as past president and current field trip chairman for the Saskatoon Nature Society. He is a co-editor of the reference publication “Birds of the Saskatoon Area” and contributed significantly to the recently published “Birds of Saskatchewan”.
Stan is currently a regional coordinator for the Saskatchewan Breeding Bird Atlas project and helps with their bird identification workshops. He regularly contributes sightings to e-bird and currently holds the e-bird record for the most bird species seen in Saskatchewan.
Stan volunteers his time leading Saskatoon Custom Bird Tours so that all proceeds benefit the work of Living Sky Wildlife Rehabilitation.
TOUR SUGGESTIONS REQUEST FORM
Send us your possible tour dates and we will get back to you with the best tour suggestions for that time period.
If you do not hear back from us within 24 hours, then please email: email@example.com or phone 306-652-5975.