Saskatoon Custom Bird Tours
Welcome To Our Birding Tours Page
Our upcoming tours are listed below.
All proceeds support the work of Living Sky Wildlife Rehabilitation charity.
Spectacular Sharp-tailed Grouse courtship displays are best seen in April and May. Their displays are the basis for indigenous Plains Cree dances. Our summer tours feature birds of prairie grasslands and wetlands. Elegant and endangered Whooping Cranes, North America’s tallest bird, are regularly seen from late September through mid-October.
Saskatoon is located where two major North American bird flyways meet. During the breeding season in June and July about 150 bird species occur within grassland, wetland and woodland habitats. This list is augmented during the migration months of May, August and September when boreal and arctic nesting warblers, flycatchers, vireos and shorebirds are plentiful.
CHECK OUT THE FOLLOWING TOURS.
- BALD EAGLE private birding tour (November 7 – December 13)
- SNOWY OWL private birding tour (December – March)
- CHICKADEE FEEDING tours (November – April)
- SASKATOON WINTER private birdwatching tour (November – April)
- FOREST WINTER birding tour (November – April)
- DANCING GROUSE TOUR (April – May)
- SOUNDS OF THE NIGHT budget nature group tour (April 24, 2021)
- PRAIRIE GRASSLANDS BIRDING TOUR (late April – July)
- BIRDING BY EAR Workshops (May)
- GREENWATER LAKE group birding tour (May 31 – June 2)
- CHAPLIN SHOREBIRDS TOUR (May – August)
- PRAIRIE LAKES BIRDING TOUR (May – October)
- BEAVER CREEK BIRDING TOUR (January – December)
- CYPRESS HILLS group birding tour (July 5 – 9)
- CAMP WOLF WILLOW BIRDING TOUR (July – September)
- WHOOPING & SANDHILL CRANE BIRDING TOUR (September – October)
- PELICAN VIEWING TOUR
We offer many Half-day, Full-day and Multi-day Guided Birding Tours throughout the year starting in Saskatoon.
All proceeds support work of our local wildlife charity – Living Sky Wildlife Rehabilitation.
TESTIMONIAL: CLICK to listen to Calgary Naturalist Brian Keating on CBC Calgary Radio giving an on-air review of a tour he booked with us.
EMAIL firstname.lastname@example.org to book a tour or to order a gift certificate or with any questions.
Please include your name and a contact phone number and other pertinent information.
Other websites that have generously advertised our birding tours.
TOUR GUIDE: Your guide has many years of experience finding and observing birds throughout Saskatchewan. For over 30 years, Stan Shadick has been a birding guide for nature tours around Saskatchewan and other parts of the country that have been organized by Living Sky Wildlife Rehabilitation, Nature Saskatchewan and the University of Saskatchewan Extension Division. He is past president of Nature Saskatchewan as well as past president and current field trip chairman for the Saskatoon Nature Society. He is a co-editor of the reference publication “Birds of the Saskatoon Area” and contributed significantly to the recently published “Birds of Saskatchewan”. He is currently a regional coordinator for the Saskatchewan Breeding Bird Atlas project and helps with their bird identification workshops. He regularly contributes sightings to e-bird and currently holds the e-bird record for the most bird species seen in Saskatchewan.
Stan volunteers his time leading our birding tours so that all proceeds benefit the work of Living Sky Wildlife Rehabilitation.