Saskatoon Custom Bird Tours
News Flash: We currently have 35 - 65 Whooping Cranes in our area!
Wonder where to go birding near Saskatoon, Saskatchewan, Canada?
We offer private and group guided birding tours out of Saskatoon, Saskatchewan, Canada.
Some of our special tours include viewing dancing grouse (spring), prairie birds (summer), Whooping Cranes (fall), Snowy Owls (winter).
Custom tours and bird ID workshops available.
Our birding tours make excellent birthday gifts or anniversary birding gifts for birders interested in birds and nature.
Saskatoon is located where two major North American bird flyways meet. During the breeding season in June and July about 150 bird species occur within our nearby grassland, wetland and woodland habitats. This bird list is augmented during the migration months of May, August and September when boreal and arctic nesting warblers, flycatchers, vireos and shorebirds become plentiful.
2021 Tour Summary: Click here for brief descriptions of each of our 2021 and 2022 tours and workshops.
Early Bird Discount: Click here for details of this discount.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
CLICK THE FOLLOWING SASKATOON CUSTOM BIRD TOURS FOR DETAILS.
- Whooping & Sandhill Crane birding tours (September – October)
- Warbler Walking Tour (August 20 - September 20)
- Beaver Creek birding and hiking tour (January – December)
- Last Mountain Lake Bird Sanctuary tour (April - October)
- Prairie Lakes birding tour (May – October)
- Wild Raptor Tour $95
- Bald Eagle private birding tour (November 7 – December 13)
- eBird Training Workshop
- Snowy Owl private birding tour (December – March)
- Chickadee Feeding tour (November – April)
- Forest Winter birding tour (November – April)
- Saskatoon Winter birdwatching tour (November – April)
- Signs of Spring birding tour (March 21 - May 28)
- Dancing Grouse tour (April – May)
- Porter Lake Birding Tour (April - September)
- Quill Lakes Birding Tour (April - August)
- Chaplin Shorebirds tour (May – August)
- Camp Wolf Willow birding tour (July – September)
- Birding By Ear Workshops (May)
- Sounds of the Night group nature tour (April 15, 2022)
- Birding With A Purpose Workshop (May)
- Greenwater Lake group birding tour (May 31 – June 2)
- Cypress Hills group birding tour (June 2022)
- Prairie Grasslands birding tour (late April – July)
- Sunday Morning Guided Bird Walk $45
- Songbird Stroll $35
- Chappell Marsh Birding and Hiking Tour (May - September)
- Fall Warbler ID online Workshops (August 22) $35
- Pelican Photography and Viewing tour (August - September)
Click the title for full details.
Saskatoon Custom Bird Tours offers many Half-day, Full-day and Multi-day Guided Birding Tours throughout the year starting in Saskatoon.
CLICK to listen to Calgary Naturalist Brian Keating on CBC Calgary Radio giving an on-air review of a whooping crane tour he booked with us.
Canadian Geographic Article. Click Here.
Global TV News Report: Click Here.
"I drove to Saskatoon and met Stan Shadick who arranged for me to observe lekking Sharp-tailed Grouse. Stan set up a blind for me, enabling me to take photos in the early morning hours (04:10 to 08:00, Wednesday, May 5). It was a birding thrill for the year. " (L. C.)
That was such a great trip! Thanks so much for the use of the blind and sharing your general knowledge and expertise. (J. L.)
"We really appreciated your tour last Wednesday; [Our young grandson] loved it!! He also told us he learned a lot. I believe you have inspired him to continue his passion of birding. Thanks again for the wonderful guiding!" (D.D. )
EMAIL email@example.com to book a tour or to order a gift certificate or with any questions.
Please include your name and a contact phone number and other pertinent information.
Other websites that have generously advertised our birding tours.
TOUR GUIDE: Your guide has many years of experience finding and observing birds throughout Saskatchewan. For over 30 years, Stan Shadick has been a birding guide for nature tours around Saskatchewan and other parts of the country that have been organized by Living Sky Wildlife Rehabilitation, Saskatoon Custom Bird Tours, Nature Saskatchewan and the University of Saskatchewan Extension Division.
Stan is past president of Nature Saskatchewan as well as past president and current field trip chairman for the Saskatoon Nature Society. He is a co-editor of the reference publication “Birds of the Saskatoon Area” and contributed significantly to the recently published “Birds of Saskatchewan”.
Stan is currently a regional coordinator for the Saskatchewan Breeding Bird Atlas project and helps with their bird identification workshops. He regularly contributes sightings to e-bird and currently holds the e-bird record for the most bird species seen in Saskatchewan.
Stan volunteers his time leading Saskatoon Custom Bird Tours so that all proceeds benefit the work of Living Sky Wildlife Rehabilitation.