Saskatoon Custom Bird Tours
Wonder where to go birding near Saskatoon, Saskatchewan, Canada?
We offer private and group guided birding tours out of Saskatoon, Saskatchewan, Canada.
Some of our special tours include viewing dancing grouse (spring), prairie birds (summer), Whooping Cranes (fall), Snowy Owls (winter).
Custom tours and bird ID workshops available.
Our birding tours make excellent birthday gifts or anniversary gifts for persons interested in birds and nature.
Saskatoon is located where two major North American bird flyways meet. During the breeding season in June and July about 150 bird species occur within our nearby grassland, wetland and woodland habitats. This bird list is augmented during the migration months of May, August and September when boreal and arctic nesting warblers, flycatchers, vireos and shorebirds become plentiful.
2021 Tour Summary: Click here for brief descriptions of each of our 2021 tours and workshops.
Early Bird Discount: Click here for details of this discount.
CLICK THE FOLLOWING TOURS FOR DETAILS.
- Signs of Spring birding tour (March 21 - May 15)
- Dancing Grouse tour (April – May)
- Birding By Ear Workshops (May)
- Sounds of the Night group nature tour (April 24, 2021)
- Prairie Grasslands birding tour (late April – July)
- Whooping & Sandhill Crane birding tours (September – October)
- Last Mountain Lake Bird Sanctuary tour (April - October)
- Chappell Marsh Birding and Hiking Tour (May - September)
- Birding With A Purpose Workshops (May)
- Chickadee Feeding tour (November – April)
- Prairie Lakes birding tour (May – October)
- Forest Winter birding tour (November – April)
- Greenwater Lake group birding tour (May 31 – June 2)
- Chaplin Shorebirds tour (May – August)
- Beaver Creek birding and hiking tour (January – December)
- Cypress Hills group birding tour (July 5 – 9)
- Camp Wolf Willow birding tour (July – September)
- Pelican Photography and Viewing tour
- Bald Eagle private birding tour (November 7 – December 13)
- Snowy Owl private birding tour (December – March)
- Saskatoon Winter birdwatching tour (November – April)
Workshop costs range from $35 to $95 for a series per person.
Tour costs for your family group range upwards from $75.
Click the title for full details.
We offer many Half-day, Full-day and Multi-day Guided Birding Tours throughout the year starting in Saskatoon.
TESTIMONIAL: CLICK to listen to Calgary Naturalist Brian Keating on CBC Calgary Radio giving an on-air review of a tour he booked with us.
EMAIL firstname.lastname@example.org to book a tour or to order a gift certificate or with any questions.
Please include your name and a contact phone number and other pertinent information.
Other websites that have generously advertised our birding tours.
TOUR GUIDE: Your guide has many years of experience finding and observing birds throughout Saskatchewan. For over 30 years, Stan Shadick has been a birding guide for nature tours around Saskatchewan and other parts of the country that have been organized by Living Sky Wildlife Rehabilitation, Nature Saskatchewan and the University of Saskatchewan Extension Division. He is past president of Nature Saskatchewan as well as past president and current field trip chairman for the Saskatoon Nature Society. He is a co-editor of the reference publication “Birds of the Saskatoon Area” and contributed significantly to the recently published “Birds of Saskatchewan”. He is currently a regional coordinator for the Saskatchewan Breeding Bird Atlas project and helps with their bird identification workshops. He regularly contributes sightings to e-bird and currently holds the e-bird record for the most bird species seen in Saskatchewan.
Stan volunteers his time leading our birding tours so that all proceeds benefit the work of Living Sky Wildlife Rehabilitation.