Eagle Creek and Eagle Hills Birding Tour
Mid-May to July
Suggested Time: 8 AM - 4 PM
Self-Drive Guided Birding Tour from Saskatoon, Canada to Eagle Creek and Hills
WHERE TO FIND PRAIRIE AND FOREST BIRDS NEAR SASKATOON, CANADA?
EAGLE CREEK AND HILLS BIRDING TOUR DESCRIPTION
Situated about 60 minutes from Saskatoon, the dense moist woodlands of the Eagle Hills provides nesting habitat for many species of songbirds. If desired, we can start with a 1 - 2 hour walk along an old level road through some Saskatchewan Wildlife Habitat Lands on top of the Eagle hills. Here we will look and listen for woodpeckers, flycatchers, warblers, sparrows and other songbirds. Some birds of interest often include Yellow-bellied Sapsucker, American Redstart, Ovenbird, Baltimore Oriole, White-throated Sparrow, Least and Alder Flycatchers. If we are lucky, we might hear or see the rare Connecticut Warbler as well as Rose-breasted Grosbeak and Broad-winged Hawk.
Later we can make frequent stops along a nearby back road through these woods and stop to photograph the tremendous views from the edge of these Eagle Hills.
On our return drive, we will make stops at Eagle Creek Regional Park and also visit a variety of back road bridges over Eagle Creek where we might find Great Blue Heron, Belted Kingfisher, Gray Catbird, Brown Thrasher, Veery, Spotted Towhee, Cliff Swallow, Northern Rough-winged Swallow, Spotted Sandpiper and perhaps a Great Blue Heron. A pair of nesting Sandhill Cranes is often seen on this tour.
Join us for this leisurely driving tour. Great for a family outing. During this Eagle Hills and Eagle Creek birding tour, your leader will identify the birds and set up a spotting scope allowing you to get the best view of the birds.
COVID SAFETY POLICY ON TOURS
- Your tour leader is fully vaccinated. For everyone's health and safety, participants must bring a paper copy showing their personal proof of full covid vaccination.
- Clients must normally drive themselves in their own personal or rented vehicle. The leader will normally drive in a separate vehicle. We will use cell phones to communicate between each other during the tour.
- Please wear a mask and maintain physical 2 meter distancing when walking outside or viewing birds through the spotting scope that I will set up. Isogel available on tours.
- This policy may change when public health orders change or when Covid case numbers decrease.
- Please contact us before booking tour if you have any special requests with regard to this policy. In certain cases if requested, leader may be willing to ride in client's vehicle.
EAGLE CREEK AND HILLS TOUR FEE
Private Escorted Tour Fee: $590 for family groups of 1 to 5 persons on the day of your choice. Fee covers expert guiding services during the 8-hour tour. Meals, transportation, park entry fee and accommodation are NOT included. Taxes included.
TAX RECEIPT: A tax receipt for 50% of the tour fee will be issued to the person paying for the tour provided payment is made by e-transfer to LSWR@sasktel.net.
CANCELLATION POLICY: Refunds less a $50 administration fee will be given if cancellation notice received 14 days before date of tour.
No refunds if cancellation notice received less than 14 days before date of tour unless another client takes your place.
RESERVATIONS: Send us your full name(s), mailing address, email address and requested tour dates.
Please email email@example.com if you do not hear back from us within 24 hours.
Tour Guide: Stan Shadick. Click for more information about your tour guide.
WHAT TO BRING
Suggested items to Bring:
- Clothes suitable for the weather (rain coat, hat, walking shoes, etc.)
- Water bottle
- Binoculars and camera or spotting scope (optional)
- Ensure your vehicle has a full gas tank
This Eagle Creek and Hills Birding Tour may be taken in conjunction with any of the following summer birding tours.
- Saskatchewan Birding Hotspots Tour Series June 7 - 20, 2022
- Beaver Creek Birding and Hiking Tour - 3 hours from $195
- Chaplin Shorebirds Tour
- Chappell Marsh Birding and Hiking Tour - 2 hours
- Duck Mountain Birding Tour - eastern birds June 7 - 10
- Eagle Creek and Hills Birding Tour
- Goose Lake Birding and Bird Photography Tour
- Last Mountain Lake Birding Tour
- Pike Lake Birding Tour
- Prairie Grasslands Birding Tour
- Prairie Lakes Birding Tour - 4 hours $295
- Quill Lakes Birding Tour
- Van Scoy Lakes Birding Tour - 6 hours
- Weir Birding Tour
- Songbird Stroll
- Sunday Morning Guided Bird Walk
- Duck Mountain Park Group Birding Tour - June 7 - 10
- Cypress Hills - Grasslands Park Group Birding Tour - June 12 - 17
- Prince Albert National Park Birding Tour - July 3 - 5
- Warbler Walking Tour
Other Tours and Workshops: Click here to see a complete list of our upcoming tours and workshops.
MULTIPLE TOURS DISCOUNT
Can't decide which tour to take?
Check out our multiple tours discount described here.
GIFT CERTIFICATES AVAILABLE NOW
This Eagle Creek and Hills Birding Tour makes an excellent birthday gift, anniversary gift, graduation gift, Mother's Day gift, Father's Day gift, retirement gift or special gift for a birder, birdwatcher or anyone interested in nature.
GIFT CERTIFICATES: Click here for information about purchasing a gift certificate for this tour or any of our other tours.
Proceeds support Living Sky Wildlife Rehabilitation charity.