Warbler Walking Tour ♿
Private Tours: August 21 - September 15
3-Hour Public Group Tours:
- 8:30 AM Saturday, August 26
- 8:30 AM Friday, September 1
- 8:30 AM Friday, September 8
Where is best place to see Warblers in Saskatoon?
TOUR DESCRIPTION - Warbler Walking Tour
Join Stan Shadick for a 3-hour walking tour through one of the best bird-rich city parks. See a wide variety of colourful warblers plus vireos, flycatchers, catbirds and other songbirds. Your guide will show you the field marks to identify them.
Both novice and experienced bird watchers are welcome. A loaner pair of binoculars may be available if requested.
The guided public group tours will visit Saskatoon's Forestry Farm Park.
Private tours may visit your choice of this location or a riverbank park with natural springs.
♿ This tour may be suitable for low-mobility clients who can operate a wheel-chair on wide level paths and level grassed areas at the Forestry Farm park which may have a few bumps.
PUBLIC WASHROOMS: Situated within Forestry Farm park.
A checklist of Saskatchewan birds is available HERE.
What to Wear. In case of rain, bring a raincoat, hat and gloves. Bring your binoculars.
TOUR FEE - Warbler Walking Tour
TOUR FEE for 3-hour Private tour: CAD $190 for a party of 1 – 3 persons. Fee includes only guiding services of leader. Client must cover their driving or taxi costs and any park entry fee to this city park. Accommodation and meals are not included.
TOUR FEE for 3-hour Public Group tour: CAD $75 per person. Fee includes only guiding services of leader. Client must cover their driving or taxi costs and any park entry fee to this city park. Accommodation and meals are not included..
TAX RECEIPT: A tax receipt for 50% of the tour fee will be issued to the person paying for the tour.
CANCELLATION POLICY: Refunds less a $50 administration fee will be given if cancellation notice received 14 days before date of tour.
No refunds if cancellation notice received less than 14 days before date of tour unless another client takes your place.
For tour reservations, complete and submit the following form or email: firstname.lastname@example.org and provide names of clients, their addresses and requested tour name and tour date. Full payment due at time of booking. We will email you with payment instructioons after form is submitted.
If you do not hear back from us within 24 hours, then please email: email@example.com or phone 306-652-5975.
Cancellation Policy: Refunds less a $50 administration fee will be given if cancellation notice received 60 days before date of tour. All guiding fee proceeds will be donated to Living Sky Wildlife Rehabilitation.
Tour Guide: Stan Shadick. Click for more information about your tour guide.
Covid Safety Covid Safety Policy on Tours
- Your tour leader is fully vaccinated. For everyone's health and safety, participants must bring a paper copy showing their personal proof of full Covid vaccination.
- Clients must normally drive themselves in their own personal or rented vehicle. The leader will usually drive in a separate vehicle.
- This policy may change when public health orders change or when Covid case numbers decrease.
- Please contact us before booking tour if you have any special requests with regard to this policy.
Possible Bird Species
Possible Vireo species include:
Possible Warbler species include:
- Cape May
- American Redstart
- Northern Waterthrush
- Common Yellowthroat
Fall Warbler ID Online Workshops
Stan Shadick also offers a series of online workshops to help people learn the tips and fieldmarks for identifying the varied plumages of warblers and vireos found during fall migration anywhere in Canada or USA east of the Rockies.
Click here for details.
Other Birding Tours
This tour may be combined with:
- Beaver Creek Birding and Hiking Tour
- Chaplin Shorebird Tour
- Chappell Marsh Birding and Hiking Tour
- Chief Whitecap Park Birding and Hiking Tour
- Donna Birkmaier and Hyde Parks Birding and Walking Tour
- Eagle Creek and Hills Birding Tour
- Goose Lake Birding and Bird Photography Tour
- Last Mountain Lake Bird Sanctuary Tour
- Pike Lake Birding Tour
- Porter Lake Birding Tour
- Prairie Lakes Birding Tour
- Van Scoy Lakes Birding Tour - 6 hours
- Wanuskewin Birding Tour
- Weir Birding and Walking Tour
Other Tours and Workshops: Click here to see a complete list of our upcoming tours and workshops.
Multiple Tours Discount
Can't decide which tour to take?
Check out our multiple tours discount described here.
Learn about special offers and new tours.
CLICK HERE to sign up for the monthly electronic Newsletter from Saskatoon Custom Bird Tours.
Gift Certificates Available Now
GIFT CERTIFICATES: Click here for information about purchasing a gift certificate for this tour or any of our other tours.