Warbler Walking Tour
August 20 - September 15
GIFT CERTIFICATES: Click here for information about purchasing a gift certificate for this tour or any of our other tours.
BOOK NOW - PAY LATER
You may reserve your 2022 tour now and not pay until February 1, 2022.
TOUR DESCRIPTION - Warbler Walking Tour
Join Stan Shadick for a 3-hour walking tour through one of the best bird-rich city parks. See a wide variety of colourful warblers plus vireos, flycatchers, catbirds and other songbirds. Your guide will show you the field marks to identify them.
A checklist of Saskatchewan birds is available HERE.
What to Wear. In case of rain, bring a raincoat, hat and gloves. Bring your binoculars.
TOUR FEE - Warbler Walking Tour
TOUR FEE for 3-hour tour excluding transportation: CAD $190
for groups of 1 – 3 persons. Fee includes only guiding services of leader. Client must cover their driving or taxi costs to the city park. Accommodation and meals are not included..
TAX RECEIPT: A tax receipt for 50% of the tour fee will be issued to the person paying for the tour.
For tour reservations, complete and submit the following form or email: firstname.lastname@example.org and provide names of clients, their addresses and requested tour name and tour date. Full payment due at time of booking.
If you do not hear back from us within 24 hours, then please email: email@example.com or phone 306-652-5975.
Cancellation Policy: Refunds less a $100 administration fee will be given if cancellation notice received 60 days before date of tour. All guiding fee proceeds will be donated to Living Sky Wildlife Rehabilitation.
Tour Guide: Stan Shadick. Click for more information about your tour guide.
- Clients must drive themselves in their own personal or rented vehicle or taxi to the starting location. The leader will drive in a separate vehicle.
- Masks to be worn during this walking tour
COVID SAFETY POLICY ON TOURS
- Your tour leader is fully vaccinated. For everyone's health and safety, participants must bring a paper copy showing their personal proof of full Covid vaccination.
- Clients must normally drive themselves in their own personal or rented vehicle. The leader will usually drive in a separate vehicle.
- Please wear a mask and maintain physical 2 meter distancing when walking outside.
- This policy may change when public health orders change or when Covid case numbers decrease.
- Please contact us before booking tour if you have any special requests with regard to this policy.
POSSIBLE BIRD SPECIES
Possible Warbler and Vireo species include:
- Blue-headed Vireo
- Warbling Vireo
- Red-eyed Vireo
- Philadelphia Vireo
- Tennessee Warbler
- Orange-crowned Warbler
- Nashville Warbler
- Yellow Warbler
- Chestnut-sided Warbler
- Magnolia Warbler
- Cape May Warbler
- Yellow-rumped Warbler
- Blackburnian Warbler
- Palm Warbler
- Bay-breasted Warbler
- Blackpoll Warbler
- Black-and-white Warbler
- American Redstart
- Northern Waterthrush
- Mourning Warbler
- Connecticut Warbler
- Common Yellowthroat
- Wilson's Warbler
- Canada Warbler
FALL WARBLER ID WORKSHOPS
Stan Shadick also offers a series of online workshops to help people learn the tips and fieldmarks for identify the varied plumages of warblers and vireos found during fall migration. Click here for details.
Other Tours and Workshops: Click here to see a complete list of our upcoming tours and workshops.