Chappell Marsh Birding and HikingTour
GIFT CERTIFICATES: Click here for information about purchasing a gift certificate for this tour or any of our other tours.
Experience prairie songbirds and water birds during a short 2-hour hike over prairie trails. Chappell Marsh Conservation Area contains a large pond surrounded by wolf willow and buffaloberry shrubs and grassland. It is located just outside Saskatoon's boundaries. The level hiking trails offer good opportunities for observing a variety of songbirds and wildflowers.
During guided tours, we usually select the trails with the best variety of songbirds. The trails are relatively flat and mowed for easy walking.
During spring and summer months from mid-May through early-September over 80 species have been found at this location. Some birds of interest include: Gadwall, Redhead, Red-necked Grebe, American Avocet, Willet, Black-billed Magpie, Purple Martin, Gray Catbird, Brown Thrasher, Clay-colored, Vesper and Savannah Sparrow, Yellow-headed Blackbird and Western Meadowlark. Additional migrating songbirds may be seen in late May and late August / early September.
COVID SAFETY POLICY
- Clients must drive themselves in their own personal or rented vehicle. The leader will drive in a separate vehicle. We will use cell phones to communicate between each other during the tour.
- Tour will be rescheduled at no additional cost if either the leader or any of the clients show any signs of illness (coughing, sneezing, sore throat, etc.).
- Please wear a mask and maintain physical 2 meter distancing when walking outside or viewing birds through the spotting scope that I will set up.
FEE: Groups of 1 – 4 people are charged a guiding fee of $130.
TAX RECEIPT: A tax receipt for 50% of the tour fee will be issued to the person paying for the tour.
Step-on Guide Service available for bus tours.
RESERVATIONS for Chappell Marsh Birding and Hiking Tour: Send us your full name(s), mailing address, email address and requested tour dates.
Payment may be made by etransfer payable to Living Sky Wildlife Rehabilitation and emailed to LSWR@sasktel.net
All fees support Living Sky Wildlife Rehabilitation.
Tour Guide: Stan Shadick. Click for more information about your tour guide.
Chappell Marsh Birding and Hiking Tour may be combined with:
- Beaver Creek Birding and Hiking Tour
- Chaplin Shorebird Tour
- Last Mountain Lake Bird Sanctuary Tour
- Prairie Lakes Birding Tour
- Prairie Grasslands Birding Tour
- Camp Wolf Willow Birding Tour
Other Tours and Workshops: Click here to see a complete list of our upcoming tours and workshops.