Chappell Marsh Birding and Hiking Tour
Experience prairie songbirds and water birds during a short 2-hour hike over prairie trails. Chappell Marsh Conservation Area contains a large pond surrounded by wolf willow and buffaloberry shrubs and grassland. It is located just outside Saskatoon's boundaries. The level hiking trails offer good opportunities for observing a variety of songbirds and wildflowers.
Both novice and experienced birders are welcome to join this Chappell Marsh tour. A pair of binoculars is available for use during tour upon request.
During guided tours, we usually select the trails with the best variety of songbirds. The trails are relatively flat and mowed for easy walking.
During spring and summer months from mid-May through early-September over 80 species have been found at Chappell Marsh. Some birds of interest include: Gadwall, Redhead, Red-necked Grebe, American Avocet, Willet, Black-billed Magpie, Purple Martin, Gray Catbird, Brown Thrasher, Clay-colored, Vesper and Savannah Sparrow, Yellow-headed Blackbird and Western Meadowlark. Additional migrating songbirds may be seen in late May and late August / early September.
COVID SAFETY POLICY ON TOURS
- Your tour leader is fully vaccinated. For everyone's health and safety, participants must bring a paper copy showing their personal proof of full covid vaccination.
- Clients must normally drive themselves in their own personal or rented vehicle. The leader will normally drive in a separate vehicle. We will use cell phones to communicate between each other during the tour.
- Please wear a mask and maintain physical 2 meter distancing when walking outside or viewing birds through the spotting scope that I will set up.
- This policy may change when public health orders change or when Covid case numbers decrease.
- Please contact us before booking tour if you have any special requests with regard to this policy. In certain cases if requested, leader may be willing to ride in client's vehicle.
CHAPPELL MARSH BIRDING TOUR FEE
FEE: Groups of 1 – 4 people are charged a guiding fee of $130. Accommodation and Transportation to the site near the SW boundary of Saskatoon city limits is not included.
TAX RECEIPT: A tax receipt for 50% of the tour fee will be issued to the person paying for the tour.
CANCELLATION POLICY: Refunds less a $50 administration fee will be given if cancellation notice received 14 days before date of tour.
No refunds if cancellation notice received less than 14 days before date of tour unless another client takes your place.
Step-on Guide Service available for bus tours.
CHAPPELL MARSH TOUR RESERVATIONS
RESERVATIONS for Chappell Marsh Birding and Hiking Tour: Please complete and submit the following form or email us your full name(s), mailing address, email address and requested tour dates.
Payment may be made by etransfer payable to Living Sky Wildlife Rehabilitation and emailed to LSWR@sasktel.net
All fees support Living Sky Wildlife Rehabilitation.
If you do not hear back from us within 24 hours, then please email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 306-652-5975.
SOME BIRDS AT CHAPPELL MARSH
GIFT CERTIFICATES AVAILABLE
This Chappell Marsh Birding tour makes an excellent birthday gift, anniversary gift, graduation gift, Mother's Day gift, Father's Day gift or special gift for a birder, birdwatcher or anyone interested in nature.
GIFT CERTIFICATES: Click here for information about purchasing a gift certificate for this tour or any of our other tours.
Tour Guide: Stan Shadick. Click for more information about your tour guide.
Chappell Marsh Birding and Hiking Tour may be combined with:
- Beaver Creek Birding and Hiking Tour - 3 hours
- Chaplin Shorebirds Tour - 12 hours
- Chief Whitecap Birding and Hiking Tour - 3 hours
- Cypress Hills - Grasslands Birding Tour
- Custom Bird Photography Tour - 3 hours
- Donna Birkmaier and Hyde Parks Tour - 3 hours
- Duck Lake and Nisbet Forest Birding Tour - 6 hours (June - July)
- Duck Mountain Birding Tour - eastern birds
- Eagle Creek and Hills Birding Tour - 8 hours (June - July)
- Goose Lake Birding and Bird Photography Tours - 4+ hours
- Grasslands National Park Tour
- Last Mountain Lake Bird Sanctuary Tour - 8 hours
- Pike Lake Birding Tour - 4 hours (January - August)
- Porter Lake Birding Tour - 3 hours
- Prairie Grasslands Birding Tour - 8 hours
- Prairie Lakes Birding Tour - 4 hours
- Prince Albert National Park Birding Tour
- Quill Lakes Birding Tour - 8 hours
- Saskatoon Evening Bird Walks - 1.5 hours
- Souris River Birding Tour (June 28 - 30, 2022)
- Van Scoy Lakes Birding Tour - 6 hours
- Weir Birding Tour - (November - August)
- Songbird Stroll
- Sunday Morning Guided Bird Walk
- Warbler Walking Tour - 3 hours
- Camp Wolf Willow Birding Tour
Other Tours and Workshops: Click here to see a complete list of our upcoming tours and workshops.
MULTIPLE TOURS DISCOUNT
Can't decide which tour to take?
Check out our multiple tours discount described here.