Bald Eagle Tour ♿
November 10 – December 13, 2022
10:00 AM - 3:00 PM
Self-Drive Bald Eagle Tour
Estimated Round Trip Driving Distance: 220 km
BALD EAGLE TOUR DESCRIPTION
Join Stan Shadick for a 5-hour private self-drive birdwatching tour from Saskatoon, Saskatchewan, Canada to view a location where many Bald Eagles congregate before migrating south for the winter. During the drive, we may might find Sharp-tailed Grouse, Ravens, redpolls and Snow Buntings. At our destination, we should also see many kinds of ducks and other water birds. Numerous Bald Eagles often perch in trees by the water like Christmas tree decorations.
Both novice and experienced bird watchers are welcome. A loaner pair of binoculars may be available if requested. The leader will bring a spotting scope to allow you to view the Bald Eagles under high magnification.
For covid safety reasons, participants drive in their car while the leader travels in a separate vehicle. We can talk using hands-free cell phone during the tour. Round-trip driving distance about 300 km.
♿ This tour is ideal for low-mobility persons because they may remain in their vehicle during this driving tour.
You may download a checklist of Saskatchewan bird species HERE.
COVID SAFETY POLICY ON TOURS
- Your tour leader is fully vaccinated. For everyone's health and safety, participants must bring a paper copy showing their personal proof of full Covid vaccination.
- Clients must normally drive themselves in their own personal or rented vehicle. The leader will usually drive in a separate vehicle. We will use cell phones to communicate between each other during the tour.
- Please wear a mask and maintain physical 2 meter distancing when walking outside or viewing birds through the spotting scope that I will set up.
- This policy may change when public health orders change or when Covid case numbers decrease.
- Please contact us before booking tour if you have any special requests with regard to this policy. In certain cases, if requested, leader may be willing to ride in client's vehicle or drive client's vehicle.
WHAT TO WEAR
What to Wear. In case of an snowfall or cool wet weather, bring a winter coat, raincoat, hat, gloves and long underwear. Bring your binoculars plus a camera and a scope (optional).
BALD EAGLE TOUR FEE for 5-hour private tour: CAD $490
for groups of 1 – 5 persons. Fee includes only guiding services of leader and shared use of spotting scope. Client must cover their own transportation costs in a personal or rented vehicle. We can communicate via cell phone. Accommodation and meals are not included.. We can stop to pick up food for lunch.
TAX RECEIPT. The person paying for a tour will receive a tax receipt for 50% of the tour fee.
CANCELLATION POLICY: Refunds less a $50 administration fee will be given if cancellation notice received 14 days before date of tour.
No refunds if cancellation notice received less than 14 days before date of tour unless another client takes your place.
To register, please complete and submit the following form or email: firstname.lastname@example.org and provide names of clients, their addresses and requested tour name and tour date. Full payment due at time of booking. We will contact you with payment options.
If you do not hear back from us within 24 hours, then please email: email@example.com or phone 306-652-5975.
GIFT CERTIFICATES: Click here for information about purchasing a gift certificate for this tour or any of our other tours.
Tour Guide: Stan Shadick. Click for more information about your tour guide.
Other Tours and Workshops: Click here to see a complete list of our upcoming tours and workshops.
MULTIPLE TOURS DISCOUNT
Can't decide which tour to take?
Check out our multiple tours discount described here.
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone 306-652-5975