SUNDAY MORNING BIRD WALK ♿
Next Event: Sunday, August 14, 2022 8:00 AM - 10:00 AM
Location: Donna Birkmaier Park, Saskatoon
Description: Join local birding expert Stan Shadick for a 2-hour guided bird walk over level trails through this naturalized park. We hope to see and hear a variety of songbirds and water birds which may include Brown Thrasher, Eastern Kingbird, Least Flycatcher, Yellow Warbler, Song Sparrow plus a variety of ducks, grebes and terns. Bird activity is at its best during the cool weather of early mornings.
Both novice and experienced bird watchers are welcome. A loaner pair of binoculars may be available if requested. The leader will bring a spotting scope to allow you to view the birds under high magnification.
♿ This bird walk may be suitable for low-mobility clients who can operate their wheel-chair on fairly level trails.
COVID SAFETY POLICY ON TOURS
- Your tour leader is fully vaccinated. For everyone's health and safety, participants must bring a paper copy showing their personal proof of full Covid vaccination.
- Clients must normally drive themselves in their own personal or rented vehicle. The leader will usually drive in a separate vehicle.
- Please wear a mask and maintain physical 2 meter distancing when walking outside or viewing birds through the spotting scope that I will set up.
- This policy may change when public health orders change or when Covid case numbers decrease.
- Please contact us before booking tour if you have any special requests with regard to this policy.
SUNDAY MORNING BIRDING TOUR FEE: $65 per person. Transportation and Accommodation and meals are not included. Advance registration required.
TAX RECEIPT: A tax receipt for 50% of the tour fee will be issued to the person paying for the tour.
CANCELLATION POLICY: Refunds less a $30 administration fee will be given if cancellation notice received 14 days before date of tour.
No refunds if cancellation notice received less than 14 days before date of tour unless another client takes your place.
RESERVATIONS for Sunday Morning Bird Walk
Please complete and submit the following form or email us your full name(s), mailing address, email address and requested tour dates.
Payment may be made by e-transfer payable to Living Sky Wildlife Rehabilitation and emailed to LSWR@sasktel.net
All fees support Living Sky Wildlife Rehabilitation.
Please email email@example.com if you do not hear back from us within 24 hours.
Tour Guide: Stan Shadick. Click for more information about your tour guide.
Sunday Morning Bird Walk Tour may be combined with:
- Saskatchewan Birding Hotspots Tour Series
- Beaver Creek Birding and Hiking Tour - 3 hours from $195
- Chaplin Shorebirds Tour
- Chappell Marsh Birding and Hiking Tour - 2 hours
- Chief Whitecap Park Birding and Hiking Tour - 3 hours
- Duck Mountain Birding Tour - eastern birds
- Eagle Creek and Hills Birding Tour - 8 hours
- Last Mountain Lake Bird Sanctuary Tour
- Pike Lake Birding Tour - 4 hours
- Porter Lake Birding Tour
- Prairie Grasslands Birding Tour
- Prairie Lakes Birding Tour - 4 hours $295
- Quill Lakes Birding Tour
- Songbird Stroll
- Sunday Morning Guided Bird Walk
- Van Scoy Lakes Birding Tour - 8 hours
- Weir Birding and Walking Tour - 2 hours
- Duck Mountain Park Group Birding Tour
- Cypress Hills - Grasslands Park Group Birding Tour
- Prince Albert National Park Birding Tour
- Warbler Walking Tour
Other Tours and Workshops: Click here to see a complete list of our upcoming tours and workshops.
MULTIPLE TOURS DISCOUNT
Can't decide which tour to take?
Check out our multiple tours discount described here.
TESTIMONIAL about Sunday Morning Bird Walk
"Thank you so much. I had such a great time learning from you. Thanks for sharing your scope and knowledge with me," S.S. September 2021