PELICAN PHOTOGRAPHY AND VIEWING TOUR ♿
FULL DAY TOUR AVAILABLE FROM AUGUST 15 - SEPTEMBER 15.
SUGGESTED TIME: 9:00 AM - 4:00 PM
Travel Distance: About 220 km
Self-Drive Birding Tour
PELICAN TOUR DESCRIPTION
Join Stan Shadick for a 7-hour pelican photography and viewing driving tour to view a location where hundreds of American White Pelicans congregate before migrating south. We should also see many other kinds of ducks and other water birds. This trip is ideal for photography of pelicans in flight.
Both novice and experienced bird watchers are welcome. A loaner pair of binoculars may be available if requested. The leader will bring a spotting scope to allow you to view the birds under high magnification.
♿ This tour is ideal for low-mobility persons because they may choose to remain in their vehicle during this driving tour.
COVID SAFETY POLICY ON TOURS
- Your tour leader is fully vaccinated. For everyone's health and safety, participants must bring a paper copy showing their personal proof of full Covid vaccination.
- Clients must normally drive themselves in their own personal or rented vehicle. The leader will usually drive in a separate vehicle. We will use cell phones to communicate between each other during the tour.
- Please wear a mask and maintain physical 2 meter distancing when walking outside or viewing birds through the spotting scope that I will set up.
- This policy may change when public health orders change or when Covid case numbers decrease.
- Please contact us before booking tour if you have any special requests with regard to this policy. In certain cases, if requested, leader may be willing to ride in client's vehicle or drive client's vehicle.
WHAT TO WEAR
What to Wear. In case of an early snowfall or cool wet weather, bring a winter coat, raincoat, hat, gloves and long underwear. Bring your binoculars plus a camera and a scope (optional).
PELICAN PHOTOGRAPHY AND VIEWING TOUR FEE for 7-hour tour excluding transportation: CAD $590
for groups of 1 – 5 persons. Fee includes only guiding services of leader and shared use of spotting scope. Client must cover their transportation costs in a personal or rented vehicle. We can communicate via cell phone. Accommodation and meals are not included.. We can stop to pick up food for lunch.
SAVE $100. Tour Fee described above will be reduced to CAD $490 if you provide transportation for leader in your personal or rented vehicle during tour from Saskatoon to destination and back to Saskatoon.
TAX RECEIPT: A tax receipt for 50% of the tour fee will be issued to the person paying for the tour.
CANCELLATION POLICY: Refunds less a $50 administration fee will be given if cancellation notice received 60 days before date of tour.
No refunds if cancellation notice received less than 60 days before date of tour unless another client takes your place.
All guiding fee proceeds will be donated to Living Sky Wildlife Rehabilitation.
To register, please complete and submit the following form or email: firstname.lastname@example.org and provide names of clients, their addresses and requested tour name and tour date.
Full payment due at time of booking. We will contact you with payment options.
If you do not hear back from us within 24 hours, then please email: email@example.com or phone 306-652-5975.
Pelican Photography and Viewing Tour Guide: Stan Shadick. Click for more information about your tour guide.
Other Tours and Workshops: Click here to see a complete list of our upcoming tours and workshops.
MULTIPLE TOURS DISCOUNT
Can't decide which tour to take?
Check out our multiple tours discount described here.
GIFT CERTIFICATES: Click here for information about purchasing a gift certificate for this Pelican tour or any of our other tours.
Questions about the Pelican Tour
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone 306-652-5975