Beaver Creek Birding and Hiking Tour
January to December
Morning Tours: 9:30 AM - 12:30 PM
Afternoon Tours: 1:30 PM - 4:30 PM
Tours start and end in Saskatoon.
Beaver Creek is an attractive wooded valley with several walking trails. Here this creek flows into the South Saskatchewan River. Many native wildflowers may be found blooming here in summer. An indoor interpretive centre on site has displays and washrooms with running water.
During guided Beaver Creek birding tours, we usually select the trail with the best variety of songbirds. These hiking trails are relatively flat with stairs provided in the steeper portions.
During spring and summer months from mid-May through early-September over 60 species have been found during our Beaver Creek tours. Additional migrating songbirds may be seen in late May and late August / early September.
In winter, chickadees may land on your hand begging for food. Redpolls, woodpeckers and perhaps an eagle or ruffed grouse might also be found at Beaver Creek Conservation Area.
Step-on Guide Service available for bus tours.
COVID SAFETY POLICY ON TOURS
- Your tour leader is fully vaccinated. For everyone's health and safety, participants must bring a paper copy showing their personal proof of full Covid vaccination.
- Clients must normally drive themselves in their own personal or rented vehicle. The leader will usually drive in a separate vehicle. We will use cell phones to communicate between each other during the tour.
- Please wear a mask and maintain physical 2 meter distancing when walking outside or viewing birds through the spotting scope that I will set up.
- This policy may change when public health orders change or when Covid case numbers decrease.
- Please contact us before booking tour if you have any special requests with regard to this policy. In certain cases, if requested, leader may be willing to ride in or drive client's vehicle.
FEES. $190 for groups of 1 – 4 persons for 3 hour tour.
TAX RECEIPT: A tax receipt for 50% of the tour fee will be issued to the person paying for the tour.
CANCELLATION POLICY: Refunds less a $50 administration fee will be given if cancellation notice received 14 days before date of tour.
No refunds if cancellation notice received less than 14 days before date of tour unless another client takes your place.
Please complete and submit the following form or email firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 306-652-5975 and provide your email address and phone number and the name of the tour and requested date.
If you do not hear back from us within 24 hours, then please email: email@example.com or phone 306-652-5975.
Payment required at time of registration using any option described below.
- E-transfer. Payment may be made by e-transfer payable to Living Sky Wildlife Rehabilitation and emailed to
Please use "beavers" as the answer to the security question.
- Credit Card. Please phone us at 306-652-5975 if you prefer to use a credit card.
- Cheque. Make cheque payable to Living Sky Wildlife Rehabilitation and mail it to
100 Rayner Avenue
All fees support Living Sky Wildlife Rehabilitation.
Tour Guide: Stan Shadick. Click for more information about your tour guide.
Beaver Creek Tour may be combined with following summer tours:
- Chaplin Shorebird Tour
- Prairie Lakes Birding Tour
- Prairie Grasslands Birding Tour
- Van Scoy Lakes Birding Tour - 6 hours
- Camp Wolf Willow Birding Tour
Other Tours and Workshops: Click here to see a complete list of our upcoming tours and workshops.
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone 306-652-5975