Saskatoon Birdwatching Tour Options ♿
Private Half Day and Full Day Saskatoon Birdwatching Tours April - October
Special Half Day Group Morning Saskatoon Birdwatching Tour: Friday, June 9, 2023
Custom designed Saskatoon Birdwatching Tours to match your interests with optional visits to Saskatoon Zoo, Museum of Natural Sciences and Diefenbaker Canada Centre.
Saskatoon Birdwatching Tour Description
- Hike through the best bird-rich Saskatoon city parks with our experienced local guide.
In all seasons, watch for songbirds such as woodpeckers, nuthatches, chickadees, jays, finches.
In summer, look for summer birds including Cedar Waxwings, Merlin, Least Flycatchers, Clay-colored Sparrows, Brown Thrashers, Gray Catbirds, Warbling Vireos and many more.
- Visit best hangouts for ducks and geese.
- Optionally visit to the Museum of Natural Sciences with exhibits featuring live fish, birds and plants plus displays about dinosaurs, fossils and minerals. https://artsandscience.usask.ca/museumofnaturalsciences/index.php
- Optionally visit Saskatoon’s Zoo featuring prairie wild birds and mammals.
- Optionally visit the historical exhibits at the Diefenbaker Canada Centre museum featuring Canada’s 13th Prime Minister. https://diefenbaker.usask.ca/
- Local Saskatoon Birding expert Stan Shadick will be your guide for this walking and driving tour of Saskatoon’s parks and museums. He will identify birds seen or heard along the trip and carry a scope to permit magnified views of the ducks and geese or perched birds. We will walk at a relatively slow pace.
- Both novice and experienced bird watchers are welcome. A loaner pair of binoculars may be available if requested. The leader will bring a spotting scope to allow you to view the birds under high magnification.
- ♿ Private Saskatoon birdwatching tours from April - October may be made to wheel-chair accessible parks. Please phone 306-652-5975 to discuss details.
- The Special June 9, 2023 Morning Group Saskatoon Birdwatching Tour will visit President Murray park to look for songbirds in coniferous forests plus riverbank parks to look for songbirds in deciduous habitats as well as ducks, geese and pelicans.
Saskatoon Birdwatching Tour Fees
Private Half Day Saskatoon Birdwatching Tour Fee: CAD $190 (about US $140) per party of 1 – 4 persons.
Fee includes guiding services only. Meals, accommodation, transportation and admission fees are NOT included. This fee is the total fee for your party of 1 - 4 persons (no per person fee).
Morning option 9 AM – 12 Noon. Afternoon Option: 1 PM – 4 PM.
Private Full Day Saskatoon Birdwatching Tour Fee: CAD $340 (about US $250) per party of 1 – 4 persons.
Fee includes guiding services only. Meals, accommodation, transportation and admission fees are NOT included.
Trip begins at your hotel about 8 am and ends about 4 pm.
Special June 9, 2023 Saskatoon Morning Group Birdwatching Tour Fee: CAD $95 per person.
Fee includes guiding services only. Meals, accommodation, transportation and admission fees are NOT included. This tour runs from 9 AM - 12 Noon.
TAX RECEIPT: A tax receipt for 50% of the tour fee will be issued to the person paying for the tour.
CANCELLATION POLICY: Refunds less a $50 administration fee will be given if cancellation notice received 14 days before date of tour.
No refunds if cancellation notice received less than 14 days before date of tour unless another client takes your place.
Saskatoon Birdwatching Tour Reservations
RESERVATIONS: Submit the following form or send us your full name(s), mailing address, email address and requested tour dates.
Full payment due at time of booking. Payment instruction will be emailed to you after registration form is received. You may also phone Stan Shadick at 306-652-5975.
If you do not hear back from us within 24 hours, then please email: email@example.com or phone 306-652-5975.
Saskatoon Birdwatching Tour Images
GIFT CERTIFICATES: Click here for information about purchasing a gift certificate for this Saskatoon birdwatching tour or any of our other tours.
Other Tours and Workshops: Click here to see a complete list of our upcoming tours and workshops.
The following tours can easily be combined with a Saskatoon Birdwatching Tour
Multiple Tours Discount
Can't decide which tour to take?
Check out our multiple tours discount described here.
All proceeds support the work of Living Sky Wildlife Rehabilitation charity.
Learn about special offers and new tours.
CLICK HERE to sign up for the monthly electronic Newsletter from Saskatoon Custom Bird Tours.
Tour Guide: Stan Shadick. Click for more information about your tour guide.
How to get to Saskatoon
Air: Saskatoon International Airport (YXE) is served by Flair, Air Canada, Westjet and their U.S. partners United and Delta.
Air Canada Star Alliance partners also include Aegean, Air China, Air India, Air New Zealand, ANA, Asiana, Austrian, Avianca, Brussels, Copa, Croatia, EgyptAir, Ethiopian, EVA, Lot, Lufthansa, SAS, Shenzhen, Singapore, South African, Swiss, TAP, Thai, Turkish, United.
Westjet international partners include AeroMexico, Air France, Air Transat, Azores, Cathay Pacific, China, China Eastern, China Southern, Delta, Emirates, Hainan, Hong Kong, Japan, KLM, Korean, LATAM, Philippine, Quantas, Virgin Atlantic, Xiamen.
Train: Saskatoon's Train Station is served by Via Rail's Canadian train serving Toronto, Winnipeg, Saskatoon, Edmonton, Jasper and Vancouver.
Bus: Saskatoon - Edmonton and Saskatoon - Regina bus service
Car: Saskatoon is located on Canada's Yellowhead cross-country highway plus 6 other major highways connecting with all cities in Canada and USA. If you drive, you do not need to rent a car for our tours.
Covid Safety Policy on Saskatoon Birdwatching Tours
- Your tour leader is fully vaccinated.
- Clients must normally drive themselves in their own personal or rented vehicle. The leader will usually drive in a separate vehicle. We will use cell phones to communicate between each other during the tour.
- This policy may change when public health orders change or when Covid case numbers decrease.
- Please contact us before booking tour if you have any special requests with regard to this policy. In certain cases, if requested, leader may be willing to ride in client's vehicle or drive client's vehicle.