SIGNS OF SPRING BIRDING TOUR
MARCH 21 - JUNE 20
Morning Tours: 9 AM - 12 Noon
Afternoon Tours: 2 PM - 5 PM
Self-Drive Birding Tour
GIFT CERTIFICATES: Click here for information about purchasing a gift certificate for this tour or any of our other tours.
Experience the sights and songs of birdlife during springtime on the prairies.
Join us for a 3-hour leisurely driving tour along back roads near Saskatoon to look for newly arriving birds as they return to nest in our region. Great for a family outing. During this signs of spring tour, your leader will identify the birds and discuss their fascinating natural history.
Great Mother's Day gift, Birthday gift, Anniversary gift or Retirement gift.
Suggested items to Bring:
- Clothes suitable for the weather (rain coat, hat, walking shoes, etc.)
- Water bottle
- Binoculars and camera or spotting scope (optional)
- Ensure your vehicle has a full gas tank
COVID SAFETY POLICY
- Clients must drive themselves in their own personal or rented vehicle. The leader will drive in a separate vehicle. We will use hands-free cell phones to communicate between each other during the tour.
- Tour will be rescheduled at no additional cost or refunded if either the leader or any of the clients show any signs of illness (coughing, sneezing, sore throat, etc.).
- Please wear a mask and maintain physical 2 meter distancing when walking outside or viewing birds through the spotting scope that I will set up.
We expect to find different birds depending upon the date of the signs of spring tour. Some of the special birds we hope to find include:
Late March: Canada Goose, Bald Eagle, Mountain Bluebird, Horned Lark, Snowy Owl, American Tree Sparrow.
Early April: Snow Goose, Bald Eagle, Red-tailed Hawk, Northern Shrike, Mountain Bluebird, Horned Lark, American Tree Sparrow, Western Meadowlark.
Late April: Snow Goose, Cackling Goose, Ross's Goose, White-fronted Goose, Tundra Swan, ducks, grebes, Sandhill Crane, Killdeer, Red-tailed Hawk, American Kestrel, Mountain Bluebird, Horned Lark, Western Meadowlark, Red-winged Blackbird.
May: Tundra Swan, ducks, grebes, Mourning Dove, Sandhill Crane, American Avocet, Willet, Swainson's Hawk, Loggerhead Shrike, Tree Swallow, Mountain Bluebird, Savannah Sparrow, Song Sparrow, Yellow-headed Blackbird, Western Meadowlark.
Private Escorted Tour Fee: $190 for family groups of 1 to 5 persons on the day of your choice. Fee covers expert guiding services during the 3-hour tour. Meals, transportation and accommodation are NOT included. Taxes included.
Sunday Afternoon Multi-Group Escorted Tour Fee: $90 per person. Maximum 9 participants. Unlike the above private tours, this option may have several families travelling in a convoy with each family in their own vehicle. This option available only from 2 pm to 5 pm on March 28, April 4, April 11, April 25, May 2, May 9. Fee covers expert guiding services during the 3-hour tour. Meals, transportation and accommodation are NOT included. Taxes included.
TAX RECEIPT: A tax receipt for 50% of the tour fee will be issued to the person paying for the tour provided payment is made by e-transfer to LSWR@sasktel.net.
RESERVATIONS: Send us your full name(s), mailing address, email address and requested tour dates.
Payment may be made by etransfer payable to Living Sky Wildlife Rehabilitation and emailed to LSWR@sasktel.net
Tour Guide: Stan Shadick. Click for more information about your tour guide.
Signs of Spring Tour may be combined with:
- Dancing Grouse Tour
- Prairie Grasslands Birding Tour
- Sounds of the Night Nature Tour
- Beaver Creek Birding and Hiking Tour
- Birding with a Purpose Workshops
- Birding by Ear Workshops
Other Tours and Workshops: Click here to see a complete list of our upcoming tours and workshops
Proceeds support Living Sky Wildlife Rehabilitation charity.
PREVIOUS TOUR CLIENT IMAGES