CHAPLIN SHOREBIRDS TOUR
Extended Full Day Tour from mid May – August.
- Extended 12 hour from Saskatoon visiting best shorebird habitats in Saskatchewan at Chaplin Shorebird Reserve and nearby hotspots.
- Endangered Piping Plover is often found here.
- Other shorebirds often include Red Knot, Sanderling, Wilson’s Phalarope, Red-necked Phalarope, American Avocet, Black-necked Stilt, Marbled Godwit, Hudsonian Godwit, Stilt Sandpiper, Least Sandpiper, Baird’s Sandpiper, Semipalmated Sandpiper, Pectoral Sandpiper, Short-billed Dowitcher, Lesser Yellowlegs, Willet, Solitary Sandpiper, Spotted Sandpiper, Black-bellied Plover, Semipalmated Plover, Killdeer.
- Possible Grassland birds include Upland Sandpiper, Long-billed Curlew, Lark Bunting, Baird’s Sparrow, Chestnut-collared Longspur, Western Meadowlark.
Suggested items to Bring:
- Clothes suitable for the weather (rain jacket, sun hat, etc.)
- Water bottle
- Binoculars and camera (optional)
Full Day Tour Fee: CA$690 (about US$525) for groups of 1 – 3 persons Taxes included.
Fee includes guiding services only for 12 hour trip. Client supplies their own transportation in personal or rented vehicle. Meals, transportation and accommodation are NOT included.
TAX RECEIPT: A tax receipt for 50% of the tour fee will be issued to the person paying for the tour.
Tour may be combined with Beaver Creek Tour, Blackstrap Tour and Camp Wolf Willow Tour.
All proceeds support the work of Living Sky Wildlife Rehabilitation charity. https://livingskywildliferehabilitation.org/
RESERVATIONS: Send your full name(s), mailing address, email address and requested tour dates.
Tour Guide: Stan Shadick. Click for more information about your tour guide.
Other Tours and Workshops: Click here to see a complete list of our upcoming tours and workshops.