Black Friday Week Discount.
Email email@example.com with the code “RAVEN” to be eligible for a 10% discount on any birding tour within the next year when booked before midnight on November 28, 2020. This offer may not be combined with any other discount. Hurry this offer only applies to the next 2 new bookings for any tour..
Saskatoon is located where two major North American bird flyways meet. During the breeding season in June and July about 150 bird species occur within grassland, wetland and woodland habitats. This list is augmented during the migration months of May, August and September when boreal and arctic nesting warblers, flycatchers, vireos and shorebirds are plentiful.
Spectacular Sharp-tailed Grouse courtship displays are best seen in April and May. Their displays are the basis for indigenous Plains Cree dances. Our summer tours feature birds of prairie grasslands and wetlands. Elegant and endangered Whooping Cranes, North America’s tallest bird, are regularly seen from late September through mid-October.
The world’s highest concentration of Snowy Owls occurs here in winter. At this time, we also offer special tours where chickadees will land on your hand to feed on seeds.
We offer many Half-day, Full-day and Multi-day Guided Birding Tours throughout the year starting in Saskatoon.
TESTIMONIAL: CLICK to listen to Calgary Naturalist Brian Keating on CBC Calgary Radio giving an on-air review of a tour he booked with us.
CHECK OUT THE FOLLOWING TOURS.
Click the tour title for more information.
- BALD EAGLE private birding tour (November 7 – December 13)
- SNOWY OWL private birding tour (December – March)
- CHICKADEE FEEDING tours (November – April)
- SASKATOON WINTER private birdwatching tour (November – April)
- FOREST WINTER private birding tour (November – April)
- DANCING GROUSE TOUR (April – May)
- SOUNDS OF THE NIGHT budget nature group tour (April 24, 2021)
- PRAIRIE GRASSLANDS BIRDING TOUR (late April – July)
- BIRDING BY EAR Workshops (May)
- CHAPLIN SHOREBIRDS TOUR (May – August)
- PRAIRIE LAKES BIRDING TOUR (May – October)
- BEAVER CREEK BIRDING TOUR (January – December)
- CAMP WOLF WILLOW BIRDING TOUR (July – September)
- WHOOPING & SANDHILL CRANE BIRDING TOUR (September – October)
- PELICAN VIEWING TOUR
GIFT CERTIFICATE OPTION.
- Want to give a tour as a gift but not sure which tour the recipient would prefer?
- Consider purchasing a gift certificate valid for any of our birding tours offered in 2021.
- Certificates are available in the amounts of $200, $300, $500 or $800 or you may request a certificate for the total amount of any of our currently listed tours.
- All tours will follow Saskatchewan Covid regulations. It may be possible that some tours may need to be postponed due to these regulations.
- We recommend that the recipient email firstname.lastname@example.org as quickly as possible to book their preferred tour so that they can have the best selection of available dates. Some tours may fill up.
- The purchaser of the gift certificate will receive a tax credit issued by the charity for 50% of the value of the certificate.
Please email email@example.com if you have any questions about the following rules..
Gift Certificate Rules. The value of the certificate will be honoured as a credit towards the total cost of the guiding fee for any of our birding tours offered in 2021. The credit cannot be applied to accommodation, transportation, meals or any other costs associated with the tours. Because the tours are offered for fundraising purposes by the Living Sky Wildlife Rehabilitation registered charity, these gift certificates cannot be refunded and will expire if not used for a tour before the end of 2021. If a tour needs to be cancelled, the credit may be applied to a different tour.
EMAIL firstname.lastname@example.org to book a tour or to order a gift certificate or with any questions.
Please include your name and a contact phone number and other pertinent information.
All proceeds support work of our local wildlife charity – Living Sky Wildlife Rehabilitation.
Our expert birding tour leader, Stan Shadick, has over 30 years experience as a bird guide for nature tours around Saskatchewan. He is an author and editor of a variety of birding publications and serves on the board of several birding and nature conservation organisations. He currently holds the e-bird record for the most bird species seen in Saskatchewan.