Prairie Lakes Birding Tour
HALF Day Tours in mid-April – October
Self-Drive Birding Tour
GIFT CERTIFICATES: Click here for information about purchasing a gift certificate for this tour or any of our other tours.
Join our experienced local birding guide for a 4 hour drive to visit some of the best bird-rich prairie lakes in the Saskatoon region. We will visit deep lakes for viewing diving ducks and pelicans. We will also visit shallow ponds for observing dabbling ducks, grebes and wetland sparrows, rails and other marsh birds.
Good opportunities for photography.
Morning Tours: 8 AM - 12 Noon
Afternoon Tours: 1 PM - 5 PM
Suggested items to Bring:
- Clothes suitable for the weather (rain coat, hat, walking shoes, etc.)
- Water bottle
- Binoculars and camera or spotting scope (optional)
COVID SAFETY POLICY
- Clients must drive themselves in their own personal or rented vehicle. The leader will drive in a separate vehicle. We will use cell phones to communicate between each other during the tour.
- Tour will be rescheduled at no additional cost or refunded if either the leader or any of the clients show any signs of illness (coughing, sneezing, sore throat, etc.).
- Please wear a mask and maintain physical 2 meter distancing when walking outside or viewing birds through the spotting scope that I will set up.
Tour Fee: CA$295 (about US$230, £170) for groups of 1 – 4 persons. Taxes included.
Fee covers expert guiding services during 4 hour tour.
Meals, transportation and accommodation are NOT included.
TAX RECEIPT: A tax receipt for 50% of the tour fee will be issued to the person paying for the tour.
RESERVATIONS: Send us your full name(s), mailing address, email address and requested tour dates.
Tour Guide: Stan Shadick. Click for more information about your tour guide.
Prairie Lakes Tour may be combined with:
- Chaplin Shorebird Tour
- Prairie Grasslands Birding Tour
- Camp Wolf Willow Birding Tour
- Beaver Creek Birding and Hiking Tour
Other Tours and Workshops: Click here to see a complete list of our upcoming tours and workshops
Proceeds support Living Sky Wildlife Rehabilitation