Full Day Tour in late April – July, 2021
Join our experienced local birding guide for a 8 hour drive visiting the best prairie birding habitats in the Saskatoon region for seeing or hearing hard-to-find grassland birds!
Some grassland birds that might be seen or heard include: Sharp-tailed Grouse, Swainson’s Hawk, Long-billed Curlew, Upland Sandpiper, Marbled Godwit, Sprague’s Pipit, Loggerhead Shrike, Western Kingbird, Baird’s Sparrow, Vesper Sparrow, Clay-colored Sparrow, Western Meadowlark.
Early morning departure recommended.
Suggested items to Bring:
- Clothes suitable for the weather (rain jacket, sun hat, etc.)
- Water bottle
- Binoculars, Spotting Scope and camera (optional)
COVID SAFETY POLICY
- Clients must drive themselves in their own personal or rented vehicle. The leader will drive in a separate vehicle. We will use cell phones to communicate between each other during the tour.
- Tour will be rescheduled at no additional cost or refunded if either the leader or any of the clients show any signs of illness (coughing, sneezing, sore throat, etc.).
- Please wear a mask and maintain physical 2 meter distancing when walking outside or viewing birds through the spotting scope that I will set up.
TOUR FEE: CA$690 (about US$450) for groups of 1 – 4 persons Taxes included.
Fee includes guiding services during 8 hour trip. A tax receipt for 50% of the tour fee will be issued to the person paying for the tour.
Meals, transportation and accommodation are NOT included.
RESERVATIONS: Send us your full name(s), mailing address, email address and requested tour dates.
Tour Guide: Stan Shadick. Click for more information about your tour guide.
Tour may be combined with:
- Chaplin Shorebird Tour
- Prairie Lakes Birding Tour
- Camp Wolf Willow Birding Tour
- Beaver Creek Birding and Hiking Tour
Other Tours and Workshops: Click here to see a complete list of our upcoming tours and workshops
Proceeds support Living Sky Wildlife Rehabilitation