HALF Day Private and Group Tours from November 2020 through April 2021.
- Let our experienced birding guide show you the best winter bird-rich locations near Saskatoon.
- Chickadees will feed out of your hand!
Sometimes nuthatches and downy woodpeckers will as well. Bag of sunflower seeds provided.
Very popular activity for kids!
- Possible birds to be seen during hikes include Ruffed Grouse, Sharp-tailed Grouse, Pileated Woodpecker, Great Horned Owl, Hairy Woodpecker, Downy Woodpecker, Black-capped Chickadee, Blue Jay, Northern Shrike, White-breasted Nuthatch, Red-breasted Nuthatch, Bohemian Waxwing, Pine Grosbeak, Evening Grosbeak, Common Redpoll, Black-billed Magpie, Common Raven.
- Good opportunities for bird photography
COVID SAFETY POLICY
- Clients must drive themselves in their own personal or rented vehicle. The leader will drive in a separate vehicle. We will use cell phones to communicate between each other during the tour.
- Tour will be rescheduled at no additional cost or refunded if either the leader or any of the clients show any signs of illness (coughing, sneezing, sore throat, etc.).
- Please wear a mask and maintain physical 2 meter distancing when walking outside or viewing birds through the spotting scope that I will set up.
HALF DAY PRIVATE TOUR FEE:
CA$190 for groups of 1 – 5 persons.
Fee includes guiding services only..
The person paying for the tour may request to receive a tax receipt for 50% of the tour fee.
Meals, transportation and accommodation are NOT included.
Trip begins at your Saskatoon hotel or residence.
Masks to be worn during tour when outside vehicle.
January and February Tours: 9:30 AM – 12:30 PM
March and April:
Morning Tours: 8:30 AM – 11:30 AM;
Afternoon Tours 1:30 PM – 4:30 PM.
Tour may be combined with our Dancing Grouse Tour, Snowy Owl Tour and Forest Winter Birding Tour.
All proceeds support the work of Living Sky Wildlife Rehabilitation charity.
RESERVATIONS: Send us your full name(s), mailing address, email address and requested tour dates.
TOUR GUIDE: Your guide has many years of experience finding and observing birds throughout Saskatchewan. For over 30 years, Stan Shadick has been a birding guide for nature tours around Saskatchewan and other parts of the country that have been organized by Living Sky Wildlife Rehabilitation, Nature Saskatchewan and the University of Saskatchewan Extension Division. He is past president of Nature Saskatchewan as well as past president and current field trip chairman for the Saskatoon Nature Society. He is a co-editor of the reference publication “Birds of the Saskatoon Area” and contributed significantly to the recently published “Birds of Saskatchewan”. He is currently a regional coordinator for the Saskatchewan Breeding Bird Atlas project and helps with their bird identification workshops. He regularly contributes sightings to e-bird and currently holds the e-bird record for the most bird species seen in Saskatchewan.
Other Tours and Workshops: Click here to see a complete list of our upcoming tours and workshops.