Chaplin Shorebirds Tour
Extended Full Day Tour from mid May – August
Self-Drive Birding Tour
GIFT CERTIFICATES: Click here for information about purchasing a gift certificate for this tour or any of our other tours.
- Extended 12 hour Chaplin Shorebirds Tour from Saskatoon visiting best shorebird habitats in Saskatchewan at Chaplin Shorebird Reserve and nearby hotspots.
- Ideal birthday, anniversary, retirement or graduation gift for the birder in your family.
- Endangered Piping Plovers are often found here.
- Other shorebirds found on Chaplin Shorebirds Tour often include Red Knot, Sanderling, Wilson’s Phalarope, Red-necked Phalarope, American Avocet, Black-necked Stilt, Marbled Godwit, Hudsonian Godwit, Stilt Sandpiper, Least Sandpiper, Baird’s Sandpiper, Semipalmated Sandpiper, Pectoral Sandpiper, Short-billed Dowitcher, Lesser Yellowlegs, Willet, Solitary Sandpiper, Spotted Sandpiper, Black-bellied Plover, Semipalmated Plover, Killdeer.
- Possible Grassland birds frequently found on Chaplin Shorebirds Tour nclude Upland Sandpiper, Long-billed Curlew, Lark Bunting, Baird’s Sparrow, Chestnut-collared Longspur, Western Meadowlark.
Suggested items to Bring:
- Clothes suitable for the weather (rain jacket, sun hat, etc.)
- Water bottle
- Binoculars and camera (optional)
COVID SAFETY POLICY
- Clients must drive themselves in their own personal or rented vehicle. The leader will drive in a separate vehicle. We will use cell phones to communicate between each other during the tour.
- Tour will be rescheduled at no additional cost or refunded if either the leader or any of the clients show any signs of illness (coughing, sneezing, sore throat, etc.).
- Please wear a mask and maintain physical 2 meter distancing when walking outside or viewing birds through the spotting scope that I will set up.
Full Day Tour Fee: CA$690 (about US$525) for groups of 1 – 3 persons Taxes included.
Fee includes guiding services only for 12 hour trip. Client supplies their own transportation in personal or rented vehicle. Meals, transportation and accommodation are NOT included.
TAX RECEIPT: A tax receipt for 50% of the tour fee will be issued to the person paying for the tour.
All proceeds support the work of Living Sky Wildlife Rehabilitation charity. https://livingskywildliferehabilitation.org/
RESERVATIONS: Send your full name(s), mailing address, email address and requested tour dates.
Payment may be made by etransfer payable to Living Sky Wildlife Rehabilitation and emailed to LSWR@sasktel.net
Piping Plovers are an endangered species in Saskatchewan. They can be identified by their sandy brown back and single neck band.
Conservation measures to protect Piping Plovers include Nature Saskatchewan's Plovers on Shore program.
Tour Guide for Chaplin Shorebirds Tour: Stan Shadick. Click for more information about your tour guide.
Tour may be combined with:
- Beaver Creek Birding and Hiking Tour
- Prairie Lakes Birding Tour
- Prairie Grasslands Birding Tour
- Camp Wolf Willow Birding Tour
Other Tours and Workshops: Click here to see a complete list of our upcoming tours and workshops.