Beaver Creek Birding and Hiking Tour
Beaver Creek is an attractive wooded valley with several walking trails. Here this creek flows into the South Saskatchewan River. Many native wildflowers may be found blooming here in summer. An indoor interpretive centre on site has displays and washrooms with running water.
During Beaver Creek guided tours, we usually select the trail with the best variety of songbirds. The trails are relatively flat with stairs provided in the steeper portions.
During spring and summer months from mid-May through early-September over 60 species have been found during our Beaver Creek tours. Additional migrating songbirds may be seen in late May and late August / early September.
In winter, chickadees may land on your hand begging for food. Redpolls, woodpeckers and perhaps an eagle or ruffed grouse might also be found at Beaver Creek Conservation Area.
COVID SAFETY POLICY
- Clients must drive themselves in their own personal or rented vehicle. The leader will drive in a separate vehicle. We will use cell phones to communicate between each other during the tour.
- Please wear a mask and maintain physical 2 meter distancing when walking outside or viewing birds through the spotting scope that I will set up.
FEES. Groups of 1 – 4 people are charged a guiding fee of $65 per hour (3 hour minimum).
TAX RECEIPT: A tax receipt for 50% of the tour fee will be issued to the person paying for the tour.
Step-on Guide Service available for bus tours.
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 306-652-5975 and provide your email address and phone number and the name of the tour and requested date.
- Payment required at time of registration using either option described below.
- E-transfer. Payment may be made by e-transfer payable to Living Sky Wildlife Rehabilitation and emailed to
Please use "beavers" as the answer to the security question.
- Credit Card. Please phone us at 306-652-5975 if you prefer to use a credit card.
- Cheque. Make cheque payable to Living Sky Wildlife Rehabilitation and mail it to
100 Rayner Avenue
All fees support Living Sky Wildlife Rehabilitation.
Tour Guide: Stan Shadick. Click for more information about your tour guide.
Beaver Creek Tour may be combined with following summer tours:
- Chaplin Shorebird Tour
- Prairie Lakes Birding Tour
- Prairie Grasslands Birding Tour
- Camp Wolf Willow Birding Tour
Other Tours and Workshops: Click here to see a complete list of our upcoming tours and workshops.
- Email email@example.com
- Phone 306-652-5975