with optional visits to Wanuskewin Park, Zoo,
Museum of Natural Sciences and
Diefenbaker Canada Centre.
Half Day and Full Day Tours
in November, December, February through April
that are custom designed to match your interests.
- Hike through the best bird-rich city parks with our experienced local guide looking for winter songbirds such as woodpeckers, nuthatches, chickadees, jays, crossbills, finches and Bohemian Waxwings.
- Visit best hangouts for wintering ducks and geese.
- Optionally warm up with a visit to the Museum of Natural Sciences with exhibits featuring live fish, birds and plants plus displays about dinosaurs, fossils and minerals. https://artsandscience.usask.ca/museumofnaturalsciences/index.php
- Optionally visit Saskatoon’s Zoo featuring prairie wild birds and mammals.
- Optionally visit the historical exhibits at the Diefenbaker Canada Centre museum featuring Canada’s 13th Prime Minister. https://diefenbaker.usask.ca/
- Full day tour includes an option to look for birds along creek trail at Wanuskewin Heritage Park (wanuskewin.com) and then warm up visiting displays about indigenous culture.
- Local Birding expert Stan Shadick will be your guide for this walking and driving tour of Saskatoon’s parks and museums. He will identify birds seen or heard along the trip and carry a scope to permit magnified views of the ducks and geese or perched birds. We will walk at a relatively slow pace.
Half Day Tour Fee: CA$ 290 (about US$215; 170 UK pounds ) for groups of 1 – 3 persons.
Fee includes guiding services and transportation, entrance fees to any 1 of the optional museums (excluding Wanuskewin) and parking fees. Meals and accommodation are NOT included.
Morning option 8 AM – 12 Noon. Afternoon Option: 1 PM – 5 PM.
Full Day Tour Fee: CA$ 560 (about US$420; 325 UK pounds ) for groups of 1 – 3 persons.
Fee includes guiding services and transportation, entrance fees to any of the optional museums (including Wanuskewin) and parking fees. Meals and accommodation are NOT included.
Trip begins at your hotel about 8 am and ends about 4 pm.
RESERVATIONS: Send us your full name(s), mailing address, email address and requested tour dates.
Tour may be combined with our Snowy Owl Tour, Chickadee Feeding Tour and Forest Winter Birding Tour.
Ask about multiple tour discounts and package tour prices including accommodation.
All proceeds support the work of Living Sky Wildlife Rehabilitation charity.
TOUR GUIDE: Your guide has many years of experience finding and observing birds throughout Saskatchewan. For over 30 years, Stan Shadick has been a birding guide for nature tours around Saskatchewan and other parts of the country that have been organized by Living Sky Wildlife Rehabilitation, Nature Saskatchewan and the University of Saskatchewan Extension Division. He is past president of Nature Saskatchewan as well as past president and current field trip chairman for the Saskatoon Nature Society. He is a co-editor of the reference publication “Birds of the Saskatoon Area” and contributed significantly to the recently published “Birds of Saskatchewan”. He is currently a regional coordinator for the Saskatchewan Breeding Bird Atlas project and helps with their bird identification workshops. He regularly contributes sightings to e-bird and currently holds the e-bird record for the most bird species seen in Saskatchewan.